X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Blocks Netherlands-Mexico Flight

U.S. Blocks Netherlands-Mexico Flight

* KLM Flight Was Barred From Entering American Airspace

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands (AP) A KLM Royal Dutch Airlines flight from Amsterdam to Mexico City was blocked mid-flight by U.S. authorities for having two undesirable people on board, the airline said Sunday.

-- Being over Canada, wouldn't it have been better to land in Canada and sort this out insted of going all the way back to AMS?

-- Being over Canada, wouldn't it have been better to land in Canada and sort this out insted of going all the way back to AMS?
    Canada would NOT let the aircraft land at a Canadian airport, so they had no other choice. The Bahamas also turned the KLM aircraft away.
    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

It does not say that Canada refused the acft entry or permission to land.

Do not assume.

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
        It does not say that Canada refused the acft entry or permission to land.

Do not assume.
        I'm not assuming. From someone on the ground in AMS-

"For the record, because, as always, everybody starts to blame the US:

The KLM pilot wanted to divert to Canada, to get the paperwork sorted out, but Canada *also* refused to give the aircraft permission to land, after which it had no other options but to return to Amsterdam."

Captain asked to refuel in Canada, he was not allowed and was forced to turn back to AMS.
        Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Off Topic: Assume = (makes an) ASS (out of) U (and) ME

I love that saying. (I'm not saying you were assuming or anything)
          Thanks,
          Michael

Comment

Could you please advise your "source".

Comment

Working...
            X