Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest on Air India Purchase

AI Might Order Boeing Planes from The Times of India Online

Take this with a slight pinch of salt. Things can still happen since this is AI we're talking about and no deal has been signed... yet
    adaequatio rei et intellectus

Re:

Originally posted by vojoboy
    AI Might Order Boeing Planes from The Times of India Online

Take this with a slight pinch of salt. Things can still happen since this is AI we're talking about and no deal has been signed... yet
    I would take it w/ a big pinch of salt. My personal opnion is AI will order a mix, Boeing and Airbus, but we'll see soon enough.

Foxtrot

Comment

"The report, forwarded for A-I board approval, says the airline’s high-powered committee has chosen a mix of eight Boeing 737-200LR (long range), 15 Boeing 777-300ER and 27 Boeing 7E7-8 planes. The total acquisition would cost a whopping Rs 51,637.29 crore — which is over three times the order size of sister carrier Indian Airlines."

Umm.... it says 737-200LR! Don't they mean 777-200LR?
      THOSE 787s will look great in AI C/s.

"Ministry officials said the report states that a similar mix of Airbus aircraft would have cost Rs 53,433.48 crore, which is 3.4% higher than Boeing’s purchase price."

I thought that Airbus would cost cut to make Boeing too expensive!
      Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

The total acquisition would cost a whopping Rs 51,637.29 crore
        Hehehe...I'm just waiting to see the expression on their face when they figure out that this kind of money doesn't exist for them to spend on airplanes
        "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818
          I thought that Airbus would cost cut to make Boeing too expensive!
          At list prices, the A350 family is more expensive than the 787's. Add to that the manufacturing efficiencies introduced to the 777 line, Boeing now has more pricing flexibility compared to previous Sales "Sorties".
          adaequatio rei et intellectus

Comment

I'll believe it when I see a 787 or 772LR in AI colors. Not that I wouldn't like to see that plane/airline configuration.

Comment

Working...
            X