Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Friend is Retarded...or am i just too obsessed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Friend is Retarded...or am i just too obsessed?

Ok..so i thought i'd add this in here for a good laugh.

My friend flew ORD-MKE so she could catch a flight on midwest airlines (dont know where she went, i forgot..)

She took American Airlines on the ORD-MKE line. She said, so i promptly asked, "Did you take American Eagle?", and she bursts out, 'They have an Airline?! I love their clothes...", i just hung up the phone....havent talked to her yet.

Your friend isn't retarded, it's just a clash of popular culture and aviation!

Whenever I see somebody wearing a sweater with 'American Eagle' across the front I have a chuckle myself...

Comment

Don't laugh...my 13 year old asked the same question when he spent an afternoon at the airport with me. He said that he didn't know that American Eagle had both airlines and mall stores. Goes to show the power of advertising with teens.
      Culture is roughly anything we do that the monkeys do not. --Lord Raglan
      For more of my shots have a look at www.okairpix.smugmug.com

Comment

I don't really get why people are so obsessed with clothing brands. I mean WTF is so special about American Eagle, or Abercombie or Gap or whatever the hell else they sell. It's just clothes!

Anyways, that being said. Many kids are quite ignorant. There's this girl in my history class that thought no planes are allowed to fly on the date 9/11 :rolleyes:

Comment

I don't really get why people are so obsessed with clothing brands. I mean WTF is so special about American Eagle, or Abercombie or Gap or whatever the hell else they sell. It's just clothes!

the difference is that you were a retarted 80's trouser or a well fitted T-shirt...

o and they think about us'' WTF is the difference between an Airbus and a boeing''
          My New Photo Name on JP.net is DutchAviation!!!!

why should we fight about wich aircraft manufactor is better..............

thats so childish....

because hey we all know boeing is better

Comment

Eh, most people don't know as much as we do about planes. Just expect stuff like that to happen.
            sigpic
            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

I know what you saying. I was talking about it (the airline) in school, I was like "American Eagle is a great little airline", and someone hoes "no way, American eagle isnt an airline you looser!" but i told them it was blah blah blah.
              -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by UA-F9 Guy
                She
                Is she hot? Cause if she is it doesn't matter what she says. :P

Comment

I find her reasonably attractive...

Comment

Originally posted by UA-F9 Guy
                    I find her reasonably attractive...
                    I agree with you...she looks pretty good.

I wouldn't worry about the American Eagle clothes vs. airline thing. I'm surprised I haven't heard one of my friends say it to be honest. Like Greg said, as long as she's hot, it doesn't matter.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

OMG thats hilarious. I had a VERY similiar conversation with this girl about (what I thought was airlines) and her (clothes)

girl- yea im flying on American out of chicago
                      me- oh you must be flying american eagle?
                      girl- omg they fly planes? I LOVE American Eagle, haha im even wearing one!!
                      me- uhm, no ones for clothes and the other company which is owned by American is an airline which flies planes.
                      girl-omg awesome american eagle flies planes and sells clothes, do they sell the clothes on the american eagle flights?

*this is when i burst out laughing*

*still laughing*

me-no, they give soda and drinks and stuff
                      girl-no clothes? what if i wear the shirt american eagle maybe they will give me free soda?
                      me-uhm they already GIVE free soda
                      girl- they do? American eagle rocks! I am SO buying all of their clothes now!!

at this point I gave up. i just laughed....

Alex
                      Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Originally posted by AA_MD-80@STL
                        girl-no clothes? what if i wear the shirt american eagle maybe they will give me free soda?
                        That's priceless! LOL

Hn... Sort of like Virgin... tell me what these guys DON'T make?
                        -Janni

Comment

Originally posted by jannichan
                          That's priceless! LOL

Hn... Sort of like Virgin... tell me what these guys DON'T make?
                          -Janni
                          Cars?

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
                            Cars?
                            But that's about it, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by AA_MD-80@STL
                              OMG thats hilarious. I had a VERY similiar conversation with this girl about (what I thought was airlines) and her (clothes)

girl- yea im flying on American out of chicago
                              me- oh you must be flying american eagle?
                              girl- omg they fly planes? I LOVE American Eagle, haha im even wearing one!!
                              me- uhm, no ones for clothes and the other company which is owned by American is an airline which flies planes.
                              girl-omg awesome american eagle flies planes and sells clothes, do they sell the clothes on the american eagle flights?

*this is when i burst out laughing*

*still laughing*

at this point I gave up. i just laughed....

Alex

sigpic
                              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                              X