China Southern Pax Load in March grows by an amazing 43%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China Southern Pax Load in March grows by an amazing 43%

China Southern announced its pax and cargo loads of March today and the growth is amazing. Pax count is 3.26 million, and 43.6% higher than that of March 2004. Cargo load is also 32.8% more than that of March 2004. Pax load factor dropped to 67.2%, however.

US airlines will be out of troubles immediately if only they can have half that kind of growth. But of course, you can't expect something this dramatic in a mature market...
    Next:
    None Planned

Originally posted by CathayPacific
    China Southern announced its pax and cargo loads of March today and the growth is amazing. Pax count is 3.26 million, and 43.6% higher than that of March 2004. Cargo load is also 32.8% more than that of March 2004. Pax load factor dropped to 67.2%, however.
    If their pax load factor dropped, then this simply says that their pax count increased by 43.6% and their capacity increased by even more. If you increase capacity by 50% and pax increase by 43.6% ... well, not *that* impressive to me but they will of course try to put that kind of spin on it.

-Sturla

Comment

Comparing the China market with the US is BS. The market in China is still 2 steps behind the US in airline evolution. Try comparing the two markets when all Chinese will be able to afford an airfare and the market is flooded with LCCs.
      Nonetheless good news for CZ, that will hopefully mean that the new Baiyun airport will be expanded faster.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
        Comparing the China market with the US is BS. The market in China is still 2 steps behind the US in airline evolution. Try comparing the two markets when all Chinese will be able to afford an airfare and the market is flooded with LCCs.
        Nonetheless good news for CZ, that will hopefully mean that the new Baiyun airport will be expanded faster.
        I think, or maybe it's just that I sincerely hope, he was kidding .
        - Fly United -
        My photos.

Comment

Working...
        X