cool video of A340

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cool video of A340

ei, guys check out this video of an AF A340 at SXM... i was laughing when i was watching d video... i wondering what the pilot was thinking right then...

-Zeypi / CX777 - Cathay Pacific VA Junior First Officer

Next Flights: FS2004
    EK332 DXB - MNL B77W
    NH001 IAD - NRT B77W
    NH007 SFO - NRT B77W
    NH009 JFK - NRT B77W
    NH011 ORD - NRT B77W

I wonder what those people were thinking, not the pilot. The one hanging on to the fence are just asking for trouble

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
      I wonder what those people were thinking, not the pilot. The one hanging on to the fence are just asking for trouble
      Yeah and then they try to make a law suit against the airport.
      -Kevin

Comment

Amazing those blow dryers on the A340 actually had enough thrust to even move the sand.

Comment

Well, the A340 isnt grossly overpowered like some other jumbos, i like that. I mean sure you can say it isnt as safe. But the 340 can fly on two engines. The 744 cant do that....

Comment

i was just wondering what will happen to the beach in the next ten years if heavies taking off from that runway keep blowing off the sand... hehehe...

EK332 DXB - MNL B77W
            NH001 IAD - NRT B77W
            NH007 SFO - NRT B77W
            NH009 JFK - NRT B77W
            NH011 ORD - NRT B77W

Comment

Originally posted by B757300
              Amazing those blow dryers on the A340 actually had enough thrust to even move the sand.
              its amazing how fast you forget that you're talkin about sand ....
              is it the same sand were ta'lkin about ....? even a slight breeze can blow off sand, what did you think ???

by the way cool video.. i would love be the one who experienced that "Air" blow ..
              Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by UA-F9 Guy
                The 744 cant do that....
                What on earth gives you that ridiculous idea?
                Us, lighting a living horse on fire:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH2_Q3oJPeU

Check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by ConcordeBoy
                  His love for Airbus Quads . And on the video, if the wind alone can blow up the sand, even an A340 should be able to do that .

Comment

Because i read an Article about that BA Pilot who did LAX-LHR with three engines. The article stated that the 744 is too heavy to run with two engines and he would have had to divert or return to LAX with only two.

Now what proves to me that the A340 can fly with two engines? There was a Virgin Atlantic A340 that continued on to AMS instead of diverting immeadiatly which would have cost VS more money and the passengers a large hastle. they didnt HAVE to land, they did for safety. Besides you hate Quads...Mr. Twin.

Comment

The article stated that the 744 is too heavy to run with two engines and he would have had to divert or return to LAX with only two.
                      ...rather difficult to divert or return to origin when you can't fly, don't ya think?

they didnt HAVE to land, they did for safety.
                      *whispers*
                      Psssst... hey, hey you, com'ere... I'm gonna let you in on a little secret, promise not to tell??

A 747 (and for that matter, a DC10) can, and has, maintained stable flight on only 1 engine while heavily loaded. But don't let that UA-F9 fella know... his bowel reaction might be unsavory
                      Us, lighting a living horse on fire:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH2_Q3oJPeU

Check it out!

Comment

Well, the A340 isnt grossly overpowered like some other jumbos, i like that. I mean sure you can say it isnt as safe. But the 340 can fly on two engines. The 744 cant do that....
                        Yea right
                        If the under powered A343 can do it i am sure the higher powered 744 can manage.
                        Remember the BA 744 did the trans atlantic on 3 engines!!!!!!
                        and also Air Canada's A343's have issues climbing out of DEL and have to make a few circles there
                        The best way to solve this is to check the technical specs and the thrust to weight ratio

...rather difficult to divert or return to origin when you can't fly, don't ya think?

*whispers*
                        Psssst... hey, hey you, com'ere... I'm gonna let you in on a little secret, promise not to tell??

A 747 (and for that matter, a DC10) can, and has, maintained stable flight on only 1 engine while heavily loaded. But don't let that UA-F9 fella know... his bowel reaction might be unsavory
                        I heard about that as well
                        its pretty impressive
                        GO SENS GO

Comment

Im surprised that the ppl at the fence didnt get blown away...

Comment

wonder what would happen to the people on the fence if the a/c was a B747 or a B777(if they operate to SXM)...hehehehe

EK332 DXB - MNL B77W
                            NH001 IAD - NRT B77W
                            NH007 SFO - NRT B77W
                            NH009 JFK - NRT B77W
                            NH011 ORD - NRT B77W

Comment

Originally posted by YYZPICS
                              Im surprised that the ppl at the fence didnt get blown away...
                              It clearly showed them holding on the fence tightly. The A340 might not have that much power.
                              - The baby will be back -

Comment

Working...
                              X