'Global Spirit', New airline to serve Manchester - Islamabad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Global Spirit', New airline to serve Manchester - Islamabad

I saw this is my local newspaper tonight (Lancashire Evening Telegraph). First I've heard of this new airline. Can't wait until the first flight on 6th July, my camera will be ready and waiting on 24L (or whatever the active runway is on that day):

Darren
    Last edited by Dazbo5; 2005-11-16, 20:24. Reason: update on whats going on
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Wow, very cool, new airline and it uses a 747, at least its not one of the new airlines which starts off with a 737 or A320 lol. I will like to see your photos soon and hopefully on the ticker. Doesn't the nose with the UK flag on it look like a Virgin Atlantic aircraft just with a quick glance?

Best Regards from Costa Rica,

Comment

Update on whats happening with Global Spirit as reported in my local newspaper today.

Can't wait to see a DC10 operating out of Manchester again and the two 747's. Lets hope they get their ATOL liccense and start up.

Darren

Comment

I heard it was supposed to start July this year? lol

Ah anyway, would be great if we were to get an old '10 at MAN again

Dale

Comment

I've been following this quite closely as their office is less than a mile from my front door! First flight was scheduled for 6th July but was cancelled for whatever reason and put back to November. It was scheduled for this week. Looks like they've not been able to get everything in place in time so they've had to postpone everything again, hence this press release today. They were taking bookings on their website at one stage but it seems their website is offline for the time being.

Darren

Comment

Hmmm. Hasn't even started and already it ain't looking too good.

Ah well, I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what comes of it this time around...

Comment

This link provides the relevant information http://www.historyofpia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3904

Comment

Here's the website, compare the airlines logo with this fake livery for Continental Airlines, you'll see it's identical, there are a number of images on MAP for CO with this livery, GS Airlines must have seen the idea on MAP and stole it???

DTVAirport

Comment

Wrong, GSA livery was designed by the very same R.P Abraham using HIS OWN Continental 'concept' logo, GSA's original livery also designed by the same person, carried the same logo too on their DC-10, it inolved alot more paint work and was proving unfeasible when they decided to ditch the DC-10 for the 747, so they went for a simpler look retaining the logo.

R.P Abraham has also designed Pakistan's Shaheen Air livery which is based on one of his Singapore Airlines concept schemes posted at MAP, I'm can bet ehs doen alot more that we are not aware of, I think he now posts his designs under the pseudonym 'oso blanco'.

All work posted at MAP can be adopted by any airline, with our without modification to their requirements all one has to do is contact the designer and work out deatils and price tag.

Comment

Working...
                  X