Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experiences with the SIGMA 135-400MM4.5-5.6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experiences with the SIGMA 135-400MM4.5-5.6?

Has any one used this lens?
    Any good or bad experinces?

I think it's good. The 400mm is nice to have for aviation, and it's still pretty sharp on that end.

My photos starting at January 30, 2005 are with the lens.
    My photos on jp.net

Comment

[photoid=312044]

here's an example of a shot with it. I didn't really like it, good reach, my 70-200 is much nicer. I believe Joe Pezzi who traded lenses with me enjoys it however.

[photoid=448005]

Comment

Looking at both ur photos i like the results

Comment

Yeah, there's no doubt the 70-200L is sharper. If you don't need a ton of zoom, go with the L. I find the 400mm to be quite handy, but YMMV.
          My photos on jp.net

Comment

Greg's Sigma 135-400.... Ahhh... Good Times

One of my shots with Greg's old Sigma 135-400

It's a good lens for the price...

-Adam

Comment

I have the Sigma 135-400 and the Canon 70-200 f/4L and love them both. Each has it's place but I find the Sigma to be a little soft at the high end that requires some Photoshop work. I am gonna sell the 135-400 and get a Bigma I think to get that extra reach for aviation work.
              Culture is roughly anything we do that the monkeys do not. --Lord Raglan
              For more of my shots have a look at www.okairpix.smugmug.com

Comment

I am gonna sell the 135-400 and get a Bigma I think to get that extra reach for aviation work.
                You won't regret

View my Jetphotos.net pictures
                View my Airliners.net pictures

Comment

I think it is an ok lense. If you have a lot of light and can use an aperature of 8 or better then it performs. If you have to use it full open, then it lacks sharpness.

[photoid=449042]

[photoid=449010]

It is a good value for money and I like it as a back-up to me Nikon 80-200 2.8D in case I donīt want to carry the Nikon 300mm prime and still want to have a longer lense with me.

Comment

Working...
                  X