Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jetsgo trying to come clean? Does it have a chance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetsgo trying to come clean? Does it have a chance?

As many Canadians have heard recently....Micheal Le Blanc submitted papers to the Transport Canada so he can fly again. But this time...with only 8 planes!!!! versus 29 when he started out. He will only be operating inside Canada and heads to sun destination only in the winter.

Now, do you guys think that he will even have a chance with the new plan. The airline will still be under the same name.

How can someone create an airline with only 8 planes. I think that the number is so low that might as well make it a charter aviation company.

And how will he try to convince the public into flying with his airline again...

Afterall, all those pointers are in question until he gets approved....which he has not gotten yet.....lol

It is going to be a charter company, and he did not start out with 29 planes. His "empire" had grown to that number.

Anyone stupid and gullible enough to lay out cash to fly with this outfit falls into the same category as those who would still vote for Paul Martin and the Fiberals.

I would be very surprised if any banks let him use their credit card access for billing as he owes millions to them. Not to mention Nav Canada and various airport authorities. Once bitten, twice shy.
    ________
    Montana Dispensary

Comment

if heard only with MD-80's... not strange through, because Charter on an F-100 doesn't provide enought seats for sure
      My New Photo Name on JP.net is DutchAviation!!!!

why should we fight about wich aircraft manufactor is better..............

thats so childish....

because hey we all know boeing is better

Comment

I read this morning that Transport Canada said the revised manuals Jetsgo submitted were inadequate, and now they are seeking court approval to pull their license.

Comment

the funny thing is....I bet you anything that IF he gets approved...millions will fly with him....Come on...If you want to go to Vancouver lets say and AC charges $200 WestJet $175 and Jetsgo charges $140; then which one will you choose. Everyone will try to be cheap and go for the cheapest which is Jetsgo.

Also, How can he prove to everyone that his plans are better....i think the public should get a copy of it....

Comment

Originally posted by Egyptian Mafia
            Everyone will try to be cheap and go for the cheapest which is Jetsgo.
            Not if the public thinks their money isn't safe.

Jetsgo was only operating from the recognized revenues from bookings 6 months in advance. You'd have to be a sucker to book that far in advance on "Jetsgo II". Leblanc should do what they did over at Valujet after their poor media relations (although they were a fairly successful story up until the crash - Jetsgo was never very far away from a crash anyways). Consider re-branding the airline.

Comment

He didnt start out with 29 a/c otherwise it would be two years since jetsgo. He started with 3 ex-Korean MD-80's
              -Kevin

Comment

Hopefully if this idiot gets his airline "restarted" people will be smart enough to stay away.
                www.acairport.com

Comment

The first thing is a name change....No one will like to fly Jetsgo again! maybe call it Losersgo or Cheapskakego

Comment

He will only be operating inside Canada and heads to sun destination only in the summer.
                    Don't you mean sun destinations only in the winter? Its hot here in summer...
                    I'm going to say the same thing I have said in all the other threds...might as well give it a shoot. They wont be able to last long but what the heck.

Just saw this on Justplanes.com:

-Jetsgo looks to fly again by June (Apr 13) -
                    Jetsgo has submitted a plan to Transport Canada to resume operations. The airline is looking to fly again by June 23rd operating charter flights with a fleet of 8 leased Douglas MD83s increasing to 14 at a later time. Transport Canada is expected is expected to announce its decision shortly on whether to let the airline keep its air operator certificate.
                    Thanks,
                    Michael

Comment

Well, there will definitely be those individuals who were directly affected by Jetsgo who would second guess traveling on the new one. However, price drives the consumer and if the price is right, people will no doubt be getting on board.

How can someone create an airline with only 8 planes. I think that the number is so low that might as well make it a charter aviation company
                      um, well, they started out with 3 or 4, not 29. I think WestJet started out with 3 732's. And the airline I work for started out with 1 aircraft. We have 5 now and we're scheduled. So 8 is gonna be more than enough.

Comment

Apparently TC is not satisfied with SG's revised plans.. looks like things just got more difficult to bring back this airline. Really theres no need to bring SG back to the skies.. theres more then enough capacity in canada for both charter and scheduled services. LeBlanc just needs to retire and call it a day.

Comment

wouldn't you think it would be a better idea to do the flights to sunny destinations in the winter? Cause in the summer it is warm enough in Canada, but in the winter its not and that is when people would probably want to get away for a while. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                            wouldn't you think it would be a better idea to do the flights to sunny destinations in the winter? Cause in the summer it is warm enough in Canada, but in the winter its not and that is when people would probably want to get away for a while. Just a thought.

WOW WHAT AN IDEA!

I name Joe new CEO of JoesGo, err, JetsGo

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
                              WOW WHAT AN IDEA!

I name Joe new CEO of JoesGo, err, JetsGo
                              JetsJoe?

Comment

Working...
                              X