Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for info on PWA 707F crash at YEG.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for info on PWA 707F crash at YEG.

I have lived in Edmonton all my life and I keep hearing talk about a PWA 707 that crashed just a few miles from YEG in the 70s.Apparentley the aircraft was arriving in fog and clipped some power lines on approach and crashed near Leduc killing the crew and the cargo(cows).Thats all I know,could someone give me more info on this????
    Fly Edmonton first.Canadas gateway to the north.

Originally posted by YEG boy
    I have lived in Edmonton all my life and I keep hearing talk about a PWA 707 that crashed just a few miles from YEG in the 70s.Apparentley the aircraft was arriving in fog and clipped some power lines on approach and crashed near Leduc killing the crew and the cargo(cows).Thats all I know,could someone give me more info on this????
    Try checking at the local library for old newspapers. They may have some information. I am sure that Canada has their version of our NTSB. If they have a web site, maybe you can search for information about this accident. If you knew the flight number or the tail number airplane involved that would make your search much easier.
    My photos at JP.net

National Air Traffic Controllers Association

Comment

The Transportation Safety Board of Canada has accident reports online dating back to 1990

I couldn't find anything earlier than that, but there should be information somewhere

Comment

you could check the accident database on www.airdisaster.com
        sigpic
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

AD just has the PWA(737) 1978 crash in Cranbrook BC.

Looking around on Google and other sites, I couldn't find any PWA crash in Edmonton. The one above is listed in a few Candaian 'date' and 'disaster' sites, but nothing related to Edmonton/Leduc/CYEG/YEG/707.

Comment

Source : once again the un-comparable www.aerotransport.org
            first type in blank space within rectangle PWA and click on Fetch-More entry
            get a table of all PWAs
            select the canadian airline
            get the fleet summary
            below this table, click on All Fleets entry to get the fleet details
            Now your question answered
            Aircraft : Boeing 707-321C, PA ntu, delivered to CO, 1964
            Rego : CF-PWZ
            msn : 18826
            cn : 389
            ttl hours : 33,059
            cycles : 9,458
            previous identity : N17322 Continental
            5 crew members, 86 cows bound to Edmonton from Toronto
            fate : destroyed 02-01-1973 Telford-Lake, Leduc, Edmonton, Alberta
            More on the accident on http:/:aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=19730102-0
            Alain

A Boeing 707-321C cargo plane, registered CF-PWZ, was destroyed in an accident ca 3 km SE of Edmonton International Airport, AB (YEG), Canada. There were five crew members on board. The airplane operated on a flight from Toronto International Airport, ON (YYZ) to Edmonton International Airport, AB (YEG).

correction
            Alain
            Thanks for visiting
            *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
            *JetPhotos*
            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
            X