Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your best memory at an airport?

Hello Everyone!

I was wondering, of all the planes you have ever looked at your airport, what is your most favorite experience.

For example, Once, when we were driving down past Sydney Airport, there was a Virgin Atlantic A340-600 parked right beside the road. It was abosolutely enormous, and really gave me a great view of how big planes really are!

So, how bout you guys?

I was at the MKE viewing area and I saw Pres Bush get off a plane and drive past me in his bus(this was when he was running agianst Al Gore)

Midwest Airlines - The Best Care In The Air

Comment

This may sound cheesy but...

About a month after I has started dating the girl who is now my wife, I was dropping her off at AUS for a flight to HOU. This was back in 2000 when anyone could go to the gate. We were going to be apart for the whole summer, me in Texas and her in Florida. The special thing about this as while we were sitting there at Gate 10 (I still remember that) it was the first time I realized I really loved her.

Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingHigh26
        For example, Once, when we were driving down past Sydney Airport, there was a Virgin Atlantic A340-600 parked right beside the road. It was abosolutely enormous, and really gave me a great view of how big planes really are!
        I think that everytime I drive past the Skyservice hanger at YYZ. While Skyservice/Air Transat don't have anything the size of an A340, they are still an awesome sight.

Comment

summer holidays back in CAI!

I live in a tall condo which is close to the airport and I watch planes with extreme details!

and in the airport in CAI and YYZ where I get to see all the planes taxiing...

Comment

Originally posted by Egyptian Mafia
            summer holidays back in CAI!

I live in a tall condo which is close to the airport and I watch planes with extreme details!

and in the airport in CAI and YYZ where I get to see all the planes taxiing...
            Thats the best part about my apartment, having dinner and watching planes come in at YYZ.

Comment

When my wife and I went on our first date I suggested that we go to Stapleton airport and watch airplanes land. She thought I was up to something and was amazed that we actually went to the airport and watched airplanes land. Even more amazing is that she married me anyway.
              My photos at JP.net

National Air Traffic Controllers Association

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                This may sound cheesy but...

About a month after I has started dating the girl who is now my wife, I was dropping her off at AUS for a flight to HOU. This was back in 2000 when anyone could go to the gate. We were going to be apart for the whole summer, me in Texas and her in Florida. The special thing about this as while we were sitting there at Gate 10 (I still remember that) it was the first time I realized I really loved her.

man that WAS cheesy! At least you were honest about it

I remember when I was little I used to go out to Kowloon City (in Hong Kong) when my parents every weekend. We board and alight a bus on the road just beyond the threshold of Runway 13. While we're waiting for our bus, we would see a steady stream of mostly widebodies coming in to land.

Also, the window from my classroom back them looks directly out to the approach path. In stormy/rainy weather, some of the planes would make steep turns right in front of my eyes. It's quite an awesome sight.

I remember back then when I see a CX L-1011 Tristar, I thought it was called the 737 because it has 3 engines. lol

Too bad I was too little to fully appreciate it.

Comment

A cool, late Summer evening spotting through the fence between the Marine Air Terminal and Port Authority Police building at LGA with my dad. A row of Pan Am Shuttle 727's right in front of us, arriving and departing domestic traffic including AA DC-10's & DL L1011's and PA cops just waving as we photographed. As the sun went down I asked my dad if we could come back again. As they say, the rest is history. 16 years later I'm still going back....to my new hometown airport. Good times.

-Rich

Comment

My best memory was when i was on the side road (observation road) at YHZ and watched a ATA 738 with winglets take-off on a nice, crisp summer evening.

Another time was when I arrived at my father work parking lot. Theres the cargo building, parking lot, and the AVIAT building. I got out of the car a WOOOOOOM! this Lufthansa 343 "flys right by" with reversers and spoilers out. Cought me by suprise.
                    -Kevin

Comment

Best memory would have to be waiting at JFK, Terminal 3, looking out the window and seeing a Concorde blast off on runway 31L at full power. Most awesomest bestest take-off ever .

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
                        Thats the best part about my apartment, having dinner and watching planes come in at YYZ.

the cool thing is that if you get a fairly long stick...and stand on the roof...you can touch the plane...thats how nice it is....I cant wait till I take photos....You must see the photos to believe it...

The cool thing is that you can see the smallest detail....from aircraft number to the trend in the tire to the make of the engine to everything.....wow! lol

Comment

Heading out of JFK on an American 777, the captain pointed out that BA's Concorde was taxi-ing out after us, and followed us all the way to the active enabling some great views of her as we navigated the various taxiways. After we spooled up and roared away from JFK we made a hard left bank through 180 degrees and as we passed 1,000ft Concorde was very much visible shooting down the runway and lifting gracefully off eastbound to LHR. Truly an awe inspiring site, and one i feel privileged and lucky enough to see.

Comment

Would have to be the time in 2001 when I stopped over in BKK on my way to SYD... a Thai f/a accompanied me all the way from Copenhagen to SYD and in BKK, she brought me everything I needed from drawing paper to coca cola. She also brought me to a nice viewing spot where we watched take offs and landings for hours while having Thai food and all before we had to catch the plane to Sydney. It was such a wonderful time! She got me upgraded to business and she was able to sit beside me on the BKK - SYD leg
                            She even invited me to come visit her so she could show me around in Bangkok.

EDIT: I was going to SYDNEY not YYZ :/ I honestly have no idea why I wrote YYZ... probably because I usually see SYD as YSSY :P

Comment

My most memorable experience was when i was in Las Vegas in the Summer.Our hotel room overlooked mccarren airport. The most memorable part was when the Virgin 747 departed -a really perfect picture.

Squeaky
                              "It's a gift...and a curse" (Adrian Monk)

Next Flights:-
                              EMA-PRG Easyjet
                              PRG-EMA Easyjet

Comment

Working...
                              X