WN adding flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WN adding flights

Southwest is making money, buying planes, and, as you might expect, adding flights. They just announced:

Beginning July 17, 2005:
    * Two additional daily nonstop flights between Las Vegas and San Diego (for a total of 14 daily).
    * One additional daily nonstop flight between Las Vegas and Oakland (for a total of 13 daily).
    * One additional daily nonstop flight between San Diego and Oakland (for a total of 18 daily).
    * One additional daily nonstop flight between Philadelphia and Orlando (for a total of six daily).
    * One additional daily nonstop flight between Philadelphia and Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood (for a total of three daily).

Beginning September 6, 2005:
    * One additional daily nonstop flight between Long Island/Islip and Tampa Bay (for a total of three daily).
    * One additional daily nonstop flight between Long Island/Islip and Orlando (for a total of five daily).
    * One additional daily nonstop flight between Long Island/Islip and West Palm Beach (for a total of three daily).
    * One additional daily nonstop flight between Baltimore/Washington and Tampa Bay (for a total of six daily).
    * One additional daily nonstop flight between Raleigh-Durham and Orlando (for a total of three daily).

At Yahoo Finance, you get free stock quotes, up-to-date news, portfolio management resources, international market data, social interaction and mortgage rates that help you manage your financial life.

MPL

Very good news for WN, a total of 11 new flights, although I'm sure US could do well without the additional flights from PHL .

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
      Very good news for WN, a total of 11 new flights, although I'm sure US could do well without the additional flights from PHL .
      I'm telling ya, CLT's next...
      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
        I'm telling ya, CLT's next...
        I wouldn't be surprised at all; CLT is one of the larger markets that they aren't currently in and still has relatively high fares...

MPL

Comment

Very good for WN, also not a surprise to me either.

I see CLT in the future but I also see another airport added before CLT.

But who knows

Alex
          Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Islip goes up to over 30 WN flights a day!!! It will be interesting to see how many flights they put in there when the other four gates are done?

Comment

But remember guys CLT is VERY loyal to US. I would say 85% of CLT O&D is buisness and 95% of that percentage will fly US over WN.

Comment

Originally posted by expoITHscohen
                But remember guys CLT is VERY loyal to US. I would say 85% of CLT O&D is buisness and 95% of that percentage will fly US over WN.
                Only because they don't have many other opitions. These so-called loyal people will follow whoever brings the lowest fares. If US tries to match, well they won't be able to for very long...
                Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

im waiting for them to start operating MDW-DEN or something near it, with the TZ deals i'm sure they will consider this soon, wouldnt you think? Theres an open gate at DEN and they have enough gates to make at least 2 round trips to DEN a day from MDW. It's a strong market. both F9 and TZ always fill their planes for this one. Prices are usually around 190-230 round trip.

Comment

31 daily flights serving OAK from just both LAS and PHX, excellent and surely 31 good reasons in damping SFO and move everything across the Bay to OAK. Once more WN shows what long term management means.
                    Alain
                    Thanks for visiting
                    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                    *JetPhotos*
                    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                      Only because they don't have many other opitions. These so-called loyal people will follow whoever brings the lowest fares. If US tries to match, well they won't be able to for very long...
                      I agree. Also should add that CLT is one of DH's strongest stations.

MPL

Comment

Theory proven!

Of course Charlotte travelers are loyal to US Airways! For the most part, its been the dominant carrier at CLT for God knows how long. At the same time, look how long Delta basically owned ATL. Then little 'ol AirTran comes along (with the ValueJet baggage in hand) and goes from the airline everyone was afraid to fly, to the number 2 airline in Atlanta, and they're still growing. Same goes for Frontier in Denver, Southwest in Chicago, and jetBlue in New York.

In this day and age, all passengers want is a low fare, good service, and get to their destination safely and ontime. The LCCs are proving that they can do that, and they are leaving the legacies in the dust.

So if Southwest moves into Charlotte (and I'm sure they will, with or without US there) you better believe that those so called "loyal" fliers of US will jump ship to Southwest if the price is right. Look what Independence Air has done in Charlotte, and they only fly to one city nonstop! Most of their flights on the IAD-CLT route go out and come in at 70% capacity at minumum.

Comment

Originally posted by UA-F9 Guy
                          im waiting for them to start operating MDW-DEN or something near it, with the TZ deals i'm sure they will consider this soon, wouldnt you think? Theres an open gate at DEN and they have enough gates to make at least 2 round trips to DEN a day from MDW. It's a strong market. both F9 and TZ always fill their planes for this one. Prices are usually around 190-230 round trip.
                          As long as Herb is alive you will never see a Southwest Aircraft at DEN.

ATA flies it and its code shared, good enough for WN.

Alex
                          Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Working...
                          X