Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

United States of Freedom is being super ANAL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United States of Freedom is being super ANAL!

Do you guys remember when USA rejected the KLM flight from AMS to Mexico because it was flying over US airspace....Now US wants to screen Canadian airlines and flights that travel inside Canada. The reason is because YYZ to YVR sometimes flies over onto US Airspace to limit the fuel usuage....but now...it must be screened...You must have a Canadian passport to enter US after April 2005. No more just your regular CDN gov't ID cards...

**REMOVED NEWS ARTICLE AS IT BROKE COPYRIGHT RULES /Kaddyuk**
    Last edited by kaddyuk; 2005-04-14, 20:40.

This is getting out of control, absolutely nuts. However, I will be quiet because if I spoke my words, I would probably be banned from the site .

Keeping his mouth shut,

Andrew C

Comment

I know a guy whose background is Arabic...and he crossed the US border with a Ipod Mini...The US customs guy thought that his Ipod Mini is a weapon of mass destruction WMD! I swear to god!

Like how dumb and stupid can you be to think that the Ipod Mini is WMD!

DUMBASS!

Comment

Egyptian Mafia Mister NooB - Do you have anything to contribute to this board besides being abrasive? First you insult Southwest Airlines and now the United States? What next?
        Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

lol, on the good side, they did recognize us as a foreign country.
          I'm also surprised that this source came from National Post first, given their reputation of American favouritism (took me a while to find a non-offensive description). I should also shut up now lest I get banned if I say more.

ps: you might want to trim the article or risk being deleted by the forum police.

Comment

Makes sense... when restricted only to flights over USA territory, where the YYZ-YVR/Maritime flights spend a lot of time.
            Us, lighting a living horse on fire:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH2_Q3oJPeU

Check it out!

Comment

Id like to see canada force the US to do the same if this were true, would affect a lot of carriers that fly over BC from alaska, ontario to the east coast. We will see who is "boo hooing" then

Comment

I guess they had better submit name lists to Canada for all of their BOS/NewYork flights to the central and western U.S.A. They fly over southen Quebec and Ontario.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_c
                  Id like to see canada force the US to do the same if this were true
                  ...would be more surprising if they didn't than if they do.

We will see who is "boo hooing" then
                  Doubtful that much of anyone would be.

Check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by ConcordeBoy
                    ...would be more surprising if they didn't than if they do.

Doubtful that much of anyone would be.
                    Well, you would be surprised how many domestic us flights fly over canada here. When I am dot spotting, I always see American md83s, song 757s, continental 737s, northwest CRJS, many many of them. I just cant see the legitimacy of this new law. How will it positively help the United States?

Comment

Well, you would be surprised how many domestic us flights fly over canada here.
                      ...I would?

I just cant see the legitimacy of this new law.
                      ...ergo it must then of course be invalid as it stands, correct?

How will it positively help the United States?
                      Mostly because in the event of a diversion into USA territory, they want to know everyone who's involved. Not that significant in the grand scheme, but nothig new there

Check it out!

Comment

The USA need to feel powerful and this is the reason why they are doing this. I dont think a canadian domestic flight should be interfered with by th US.

Squeaky
                        "It's a gift...and a curse" (Adrian Monk)

Next Flights:-
                        EMA-PRG Easyjet
                        PRG-EMA Easyjet

Comment

Originally posted by Squeaky
                          I dont think a canadian domestic flight should be interfered with by th US.
                          ...too bad that passing over USA territory constitutes sufficient ground for such "interference".

Canadian carriers could just as easily avoid this relatively minor annoyance involved by rerouting such flights-- save for the significant usage of extra fuel that would then be required.

Check it out!

Comment

Correct. Any entrance into a nation's determined air/land/sea space is subject to whatever rule, policy, or law the "host" country has in place. Like it or not, it is every nations' right. I agree with CB. If Canadian carriers don't like it, reroute the flight plan. I'm not saying I agree with it, just stating what some are overlooking, IMO.
                            Bama sux, War Eagle!

Comment

I thought this was VERY well worded

I'm am getting sick and tired of American politicians lecturing Canada about its border securities policies when undocumented aliens and terrorists can walk across the Mexico-US border like they are taking a Sunday stroll. No terrorist has been documented as having entered the US on a Canadian aircraft and no terrorist incident has been conducted using a Canadian aircraft. American security practices are a sieve, and measures like this one are merely PR to deflect the attention of US voters from the bumbling incompetence and outright defiance of the US administration to what is happening on its southern border. The Chamber of Commerce loves illegal aliens. WalMart loves illegal aliens. Therefore US border security shall allow for illegal aliens to enter the country by the hundreds of thousands. Don't lecture us about holes in our safety net when you Americans allow abuse on a mind-boggling scale of your own borders.
                              end/rant

Comment

Working...
                              X