This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How differen't would it be.........

Alot has happend since the election in 2000. It was really close and many people belive Al won. So I was wondering, if Al was president, how would the US be different today?

Would the airport security be much different?

How would 9/11 have been handled?

What would be goining on in iraq?

Would he have been re-elected in 2004?

ect........
    Wu Tang Clan: best rap group of all time

Save hip-hop, bring talent and intelligence back into it

9/11 probably would happen regardless who was in charge IMO. Then all the same security measures would follow as well.

The only thing that MIGHT be different is the Iraq war.

Comment

If Gore got into office, then I don't think that the US would be going around rounding up random people and sending them to Gitmo or alienating all the allies that gave support and condolences after 9/11. I think that he would have worked together with countries around the world, instead of telling them off, and there would be no Iraq war. A lot of the security stuff came from people like Ashcroft and others who were chosen by Bush. If Gore had been in office I think the people he would have chosen would have been more reasonable and not crazy like what you see today.

Comment

If Gore was elected, he probably would have taken the typical Clinton approach to terrorism-fire a few cruise missiles at empty tents and then call it a night. There's no way to know for sure, but in my opinion we would be worse off on the homeland security aspect had Gore won the election.
        Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
          If Gore was elected, he probably would have taken the typical Clinton approach to terrorism-fire a few cruise missiles at empty tents and then call it a night. There's no way to know for sure, but in my opinion we would be worse off on the homeland security aspect had Gore won the election.
          damn I hate people that are so partisan, drives me nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
            If Gore got into office, then I don't think that the US would be going around rounding up random people and sending them to Gitmo or alienating all the allies that gave support and condolences after 9/11. I think that he would have worked together with countries around the world, instead of telling them off, and there would be no Iraq war. A lot of the security stuff came from people like Ashcroft and others who were chosen by Bush. If Gore had been in office I think the people he would have chosen would have been more reasonable and not crazy like what you see today.
            That sounds almost utopian to me.

however, I do agree that Gore is the lesser of the evils

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
              That sounds almost utopian to me.

however, I do agree that Gore is the lesser of the evils
              yeah, they both sucked though. Same with this past election.

Comment

Bush is an egg. Iraq would be much better off if Al won, in other words american redneck trash would not still be illegally occupying another country, the iraqis would do just fine right about now by themsleves.

Comment

Originally posted by Messerschmitt Man
                  Bush is an egg. Iraq would be much better off if Al won, in other words american redneck trash would not still be illegally occupying another country, the iraqis would do just fine right about now by themsleves.
                  Yes, because they love being forced to eat parts of their own bodies, or being put into plastic shredders, or having their hands chopped off, or having various acids dumped into their eyes, or being tossed off of 9-story buildings and having their legs broken.

I'm sure you would be cheering us on if we were killing Jews, however, Nazi loving p.o.s....
                  Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
                    I'm sure you would be cheering us on if we were killing Jews, however, Nazi loving p.o.s....
                    The h*ll?! Was this really necessary?! Very intelligent remark, I must say...

I would've voted for bush back in 2000 lol... because someone on Al Gore's team was against video games... I deeply regret even THINKING that way back then..... :/

Comment

Originally posted by jannichan
                      The h*ll?! Was this really necessary?! Very intelligent remark, I must say...
                      Necessary? No, but it made me feel better. He insulted me as an American and as a member of a military family with his remark. Calling my father, my friends, and other members of the US military "american redneck trash" just won't fly with me....

Comment

Actually, Messerschmitt Man, I apologize for my remark, it was made when I was enraged after reading your comment about the American military. It still has me angry, but I have no right to respond to you in the way that I did.

Comment

1) This thread is gonna get locked
                          2) I think even ole Al is over the 2000 election why can't everyone else be.
                          Originally posted by Messerschmitt Man
                          Thats the last time u will call a soldier "american redneck trash"
                          I can stand alot of shit but not that.
                          Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Holy s*@#!!! first off, even though i am a liberal i dont hold a grudge against the men and women of this country. I respect armed forces personel no matter who they are. If it wasnt for them, i wouldnt be able to be a peace loving hippy and sit on my ass at home, not all or even most soldiers are "red necks", they dont have a choice on where they go or who they fight. So blame Double-ya. Not the soldier. I mean maybe with Iraq still under saddam's power i would still sit around comfortably because it wasnt as big of a threat as everyone thought. Either way, i want the military and i want defense. I just think defense means you dont attack first. I wont get into that debate.

I dont like George Bush, but Al Gore would have done something just as radical. The security may be different but just as strict. The war may have never happened in the sence it did. I think remote attacks, things like an All Air Campaign would have happened and maybe U.N. forces to go in and wipe it all up, or even decisive strikes against possible WMD targets, but nothing like the ground campaign we have now.

(I also thought i'd pipe in that all soldiers arent conservatives or republicans. One of the coolest people i ever met was a Marine Capt. Who was a harrier pilot before he left the military for some type of engineering job in Boulder. Hes ultra liberal and very leftist but still like me, supports the military.)

Comment

I have to agree the Iraq war wouldn't be the mess it is now. I think AL would have had a more high tech approach to mr binhidingincave. Bush is WAY to gun ho. He reminds me of someone whos out to prove something, when I figure out what that is I'll post it For all we know AL would have just shut off the internet until we had bin ladens head on a stick perched in full view on the south lawn. depriving the ordinary masses of their daily netfix would be interesting!
                              In every organization, there will always be one person who knows what's going on. This person must be fired.

Comment

Working...
                              X