Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the hell did i get banned??????

Hello guys,

I just came in to the chat room as "Cyclone" from my computer at work....and over zealous G-BUSH with the urging of USAFHummer banend me and and called me a poser!!!!!!!!!!
    What's the deal???????? Even when I identified my self as AccessAir (Gary) they said i was faking.... [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

[img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Why the hell did i get banned??????

Gary,
    That's interesting. G-BUSH is always talking of Ops from another major aviation media which shall not be named, being over-zealous. Double standards perhaps?
    Bryan
    Corrections Screener
    The 727: Been Gracing the skies since 1963.

Comment

Gary,

I'll look into it and see what's going on.

Steve

Comment

Gary,

You are a very well known figure around the aviation chatrooms, and if someone came into JetPhotos.Net chat using your name, and claiming to be you, with an IP I didn't recognize, I'd probably be very suspicious as well.

The ban was simply, I would imagine, for the purposes of protecting you from an impersonator. If someone came into the chat claiming to be me, but couldn't offer any proof other than claiming he was me, I'd hope any op in the room would ban him as well.
        Trump is an idiot!
        Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Alright alright,

Whoever Cyclone was I asked him several times to identify and he always seemed to beat around the bush. With the general consensus in the room being that this guy was an imposter (I agreed), I decided to take appropriate action.

Gary,

I'd recommend coming in under a name that people know you by, or by at least making it perfectly clear who you are when you arrive, instead of making it a guessing game.
          Bob Mickiewicz
          Jetphotos.net Chat Operator

G-BUSH is N312RC

Comment

Fair enuff guys,

Next time ill come in as Myself....

AccessAir (Gary) [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by Gary C. Orlando:
              Fair enuff guys,

Next time ill come in as Myself....

AccessAir (Gary) [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I probably wouldnt know who Gary was if he wouldnt have banned me..
              Remember that?

[img]laff.gif[/img]

Comment

So, its standard proceedure to just ban anyone who comes into chat if you don't know them? sounds more like "clique fest forum" than a open chat to me... But I will admit ive never been there, so I dont know, but it sure sounds that way.
                Coyote

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by Coyote:
                  So, its standard proceedure to just ban anyone who comes into chat if you don't know them? sounds more like "clique fest forum" than a open chat to me... But I will admit ive never been there, so I dont know, but it sure sounds that way.

Not really. What is standard procedure is to kick someone who says they are someone else. Obviously this would have been more easily resolved had Gary used his original nickname and typed his password!

[img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X