Ryanair Abandons In-Flight Entertainment Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryanair Abandons In-Flight Entertainment Service

Ryanair Holdings PLC (RYAAY) confirmed Monday it won't roll out an in-flight entertainment system across its fleet after an extended trial showed that too few passengers were willing to pay for the service.

A Ryanair spokeswoman said the Irish budget airline won't incur any financial penalties from the move.

- The baby will be back -

Great, now we are really going to sit in a Public bus, instead of a travelcoach
    Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
    - Metzgermeister

Comment

Originally posted by MaDbOy
      LOL honestly, though... does it surprise you? After hearing so much about Ryan air, it certainly doesn't surprise ME...

Comment

They had IFE?!? I heard they planned to introduce it, but I didn't know that they have already used it.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
          They had IFE?!? I heard they planned to introduce it, but I didn't know that they have already used it.
          Nope, they were GOING to get it, but they dropped the idea after hearing nobody wanted to pay for it

EDIT: Waitasec... Extensive trial?? How many planes did they actually have it on? :sceptic:

Comment

Ryannair charges so many extras their passengers found the unacceptable extra pill to swallow. With so many mendatory extras to pay ranging from the on-line booking charge to the glass of water, FR passengers should be happy to use the seat at no charge.
            Alain
            Thanks for visiting
            *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
            *JetPhotos*
            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by jannichan
              Nope, they were GOING to get it, but they dropped the idea after hearing nobody wanted to pay for it

EDIT: Waitasec... Extensive trial?? How many planes did they actually have it on? :sceptic:
              They did use it on many flights to test it out, just like airlines testing BOB.
              - The baby will be back -

Comment

Ahhh, ok... I kinda understand people not wanting to pay for it though... no Ryan air flight could be considered anywhere close to long haul and with 2-3 hours in the air and 40 minutes of these spent taking off and landing, there ain't much time to use an IFE

Comment

Ife = Ptv?

Comment

Originally posted by pbateson
                    Ife = Ptv?
                    IFE: InFlight Entertainment...

PTV is usable too

Comment

PTV= Personal TeleVison

This isnt supriseing considering its Ryanair. Last year they killed reclining seats and inflight magazines, now this? They will go out fast, loose money. This realy puts the meaning to "No frills airline"
                      -Kevin

Comment

I wouldn't say they would go out fast just because they killed IFE. After all, it was the passengers' choice to not have it installed.

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
                          PTV= Personal TeleVison

This isnt supriseing considering its Ryanair. Last year they killed reclining seats and inflight magazines, now this? They will go out fast, loose money.
                          Really? What was their profits last year Kevin?
                          -Strua

Comment

Originally posted by sturla
                            Really? What was their profits last year Kevin?
                            -Strua
                            k you dont have to be a jerk about it. I dont know!? Holy crap
                            -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by MaDbOy

Dont worry if O'Leary continues down his crazy road, Ryanair will be no more.

Comment

Working...
                              X