Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 380 Front Windows

Would of this been a good idea or what.

If you look at the front of the Airbus 380 the cockpit windows look small compared to the surface area of the front of the plane.

Why didnt they put front windows in the upper deck for the passanges to veiw out of. It looks like they would have the room. If you get on a double decker bus the first seats that a always taken are the top floor window seats.

Imagine being in First class Seat 1A upper deck on the 380 with the front window to yourself for a long haul flight.

What would people pay for those seats ??
    They could of even used this front section for the Sky Bar. I know where i would spend most of the flight.

Whats your thoughts ??

That's not a bad idea. But they may have has concerns for maintenace costs and other problems (strikes and whatnot).

But overall, it would be a cool experiance.
    My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Cool idea

That is not a bad idea at all. I think your idea will flourish when the time comes -- when viable technology allows for solid glass panes that will be as rock solid as steel .

Perhaps someone can enlighten us about glass panes used in a/c.

Sun roof is also not a bad idea at all.

Comment

Isnt the cockpit on the upper deck?
        This idea is great- the only problem i can think of is passengers may not want to watch the aircraft taking off and landing from a front view.

BMI have a camera on the nose of its 332s- when landing at MAN, the IFE system changes to this channel. One passenger screamed "Were going to Crash!!!"- this could be the same problem on the A380.

Squeaky
        "It's a gift...and a curse" (Adrian Monk)

Next Flights:-
        EMA-PRG Easyjet
        PRG-EMA Easyjet

Comment

Originally posted by Squeaky
          Isnt the cockpit on the upper deck?
          This idea is great- the only problem i can think of is passengers may not want to watch the aircraft taking off and landing from a front view.

BMI have a camera on the nose of its 332s- when landing at MAN, the IFE system changes to this channel. One passenger screamed "Were going to Crash!!!"- this could be the same problem on the A380.

Squeaky
          The flightdeck is located between the upper and lower decks. I also wonder how flight crews get into the cockpit?
          Irfan Faiz Nazerollnizam. Computer geek and gamer

Comment

Originally posted by fjki98
            The flightdeck is located between the upper and lower decks. I also wonder how flight crews get into the cockpit?
            The cockpit is located on the main deck. There is a door infront of the stairs to access it, and once you open the door there is a set of stairs to get up into the flight deck. According to the mockup.
            -Kevin

Comment

Working...
            X