Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Airways Flight 978 A.K.A Are We Goin To Make It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by z740 View Post
    So somebody is going to sue the airline for doing everything right and landing safely in the Hudson River with few injuries and no fatalities.
    Just look at CO's DEN accident. The NTBS hadn't even found any hints as for what caused the jet to overshoot the runway, but there was already some hot-shot lawyer suing them in the name of pax for "physical and mental damage" . Lawyers will always sue anyone, regardless of how lame (or non-existant) their reasons are.

Comment

Yes the 757 (and all SEA built Boeing's) flaps run on tracks. The noise you hear is common to all aircraft using hydraulic motors to drive the flaps. Where you are seated in the cabin had a bearing on how much noise you hear. If you are seated directly over the landing gear wheel wells, the noise is most pronounced.
      If you are assigned a seat that will not remain upright, you should report the defect to a cabin attendant. The seat must be repaired before flight.
      Any aircraft (similar to your car) will have days when it looks better than others. Aircraft exteriors are washed on a regular basis. How regular depends on the airline. For Pan Am, regular was every heavy maintenance check (about 18 months). United and American schedule washes between 30 and 45 days.
      Interior maintenance takes place during overnight maintenance checks. In short, you are going to get stuck on a dirtier than desired aircraft.
      Don
      Standard practice for managers around the world:
      Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

Originally posted by z740 View Post
        So somebody is going to sue the airline for doing everything right and landing safely in the Hudson River with few injuries and no fatalities. The only people I can see suing would be PETA for mistreating the birds that got sucked into the engine.

-Chris
        Some people will go that far to get money.Like some1 was driving their car with coffe and spilled it and got burned and sued StarBucks like it was their falut
        August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

Its U.S Airways, anyone with even remotely average expectations of quality service from them is highly delusional and should be in a straight jacket.
          To be bang on topical...right now a lifejacket would be more appropriate !!

....and I'll fly with any airline that has pilots who can resolve a situation like Capt. Sullenberger did.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
            To be bang on topical...right now a lifejacket would be more appropriate !!

....and I'll fly with any airline that has pilots who can resolve a situation like Capt. Sullenberger did.
            yes.Hey,if the plane is bad,who cares?As long as u get there it doesn't matter!

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingKing77 View Post
              yes.Hey,if the plane is bad,who cares?As long as u get there it doesn't matter!
              Come again?

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD View Post
                Come again?
                wtf do u mean come again?

Comment

I like pie.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD View Post
                    I like pie.
                    Yes we know that everyone likes pie or they r crazy.

Comment

No,how about you?How many times have u flown then?Once?
                      In 2006 I was Chairman’s preferred in the Dividend miles program so I've flown US just a few times... I fly over 50K a year for my job and have flown US enough to know they are the worst U.S carrier in the skies today. Their customer service and onboard F class product is pitiful. My company's travel dept. received so many complaints about US from our staff that US lost our contract. Do me a favor your like what 15? Go play in the sand box with the kiddies.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyalf View Post
                        In 2006 I was Chairman’s preferred in the Dividend miles program so I've flown US just a few times... I fly over 50K a year for my job and have flown US enough to know they are the worst U.S carrier in the skies today. Their customer service and onboard F class product is pitiful. My company's travel dept. received so many complaints about US from our staff that US lost our contract. Do me a favor your like what 15? Go play in the sand box with the kiddies.
                        I've flown with US Airways since I was born,so make that about 20 flights with them.They've only been delayed about 5 times and from what I remember it was from the weather,traffic,and matanince.And,no,I'm 11

Comment

Ask your mother, then tell her she needs a morning after pill.
                          sigpic
                          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla View Post
                            Ask your mother, then tell her she needs a morning after pill.
                            God ur sick

Comment

God ur sick
                              She's a nice lady, and she tips well, she deserves it.
                              sigpic
                              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                              X