No announcement yet.

The First Flight You Ever Took

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was conceived on an AS MD-80 LAX-SEA (I think that is the route and airline). Does that count as "first flight"?
    THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
    Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
    George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

First powered flight for me was in 1969 in a DHC-1 Chipmunk T.10 with the ATC from White Waltham.

First actual flight was in a Slingsby Sedbergh T.10 glider from Kenley, also in 1969.

First commercial airliner flight was in BAC 1-11 G-AWYU from LGW-BOH on 21/10/1970. We only just made it in on BOH's short runway. Then we had a tour around the 1-11 production line and afternoon tea at Lulworth Cove. Good day out! And for free!

First military transport flight was in HP Hastings TG563 in August 1969 from Scampton.

And my first helicopter flight was in Sioux HT.1 XT562 on 27/10/1969 from Farnborough.

Those were the days!!

Andy

Comment

Edmonton to Vancouver, and was on "I don't know" plane, becasue I was a few months old baby

Comment

My first ever flight was back in 1989 on United from LAX to ORD on a 767 . I think I was like 7 at the time. I'll never forget it. We encountered severe turbulence. The plane was rocking all over the place. But we made it safely to Chicago. Also, it was right before the crash of UA flt. 232. I remember seeing about it on the news while we were visiting family in Milwaukee. When my mom found out it was a United Airlines DC-10, she called the airline and wanted to know what type of plane we were going to be on from Chicago to L.A. Sure enough it was a DC-10. Needless to say, we were all very nervous going back home.
          "If it weren't for the 777LR, I would love the A345"

Comment

It was from Spokane Intl.[KGEG] to Seattle-Tacoma Intl. [KSEA] to Oakland Intl. [KOAK] somtime in 1996.

Comment

I was 3 hours old, flew on a helicopter MDH-STL to the hospital..ya It was a medical flight

Alex
              Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Originally posted by GreekNYC747
                Very similar experience with TAP-A343. Parallel universe ... It was the Easter week of 1978, flying from Thessaloniki (SKG) to ATH and it so happened it was on a B747-200 on Olympic Airways. A short 35 minute flight. My father always says that i was acting like crazy, running up and down the aisles and even wanting to go to the upper deck. After all, i was around 8 years old. I have been hooked up ever since, and need i say that the B747 and its variants is my favorite plane? Yes, it was love at first sight.
                Hi Yannis,

My first flight was in 1970 JFK to ATH Helinikon, on a Olympic Airways 707-300.
                In those days, Olympic shared the terminal at JFK with American Airlines.
                Yanni

Fly Olympic Airlines!

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

A Qantas 747 CHC-SYD when I was about 4 years old. I remember it well cos I had to pee right as we were on approach

Comment

My first flight was a NICE - PARIS(ORLY) on board an Air Inter Caravelle in summer 1964, followed by a flight to Nantes on board an Air Inter Vickers Viscount (I remember especially the flight with the viscount where there was a very large window giving a superb view of the country)..... I was 11 years old.

Eric

Comment

Blimey...mine was a Danair back in 1971 when I was just 3, flying from Bristol to Ibiza...as for a/c type, I know it was a rear-engined beast, maybe a Trident or a BAC1-11
                      “If you shoot for the stars and hit the moon, it's OK. But you've got to shoot for something. A lot of people don't even shoot.”
                      Confucius

Comment

Mine was in October 1990, I was about 9 months old and went AMS - (SIN) - CGK with Garuda Indonesia, on a 747. Made many more, because my mom's from Indonesia.

I'll be traveling to Asia again in 3 days!

Comment

Working...
                        X