Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do alot of people hate Airbus.

NOTE this isnt another A vs. B thread.

But why do some people hate or cant stand Airbus? Like some users have odd pro-boeing names. Why is this?i cant understande because I have flown a fair share of Boeing and Airbus aircraft and both are equal. Why is this constant Airbus sucks badgering. Why. Think of a answer that DOESNT have to deal with the AI deal.

I can tell you theres NOTHING in this world like flying on the A320 series. I also enjoy the 767.
    -Kevin

I'm sure at least a little of it is just politics. They're supporting the American brand because they are from America, as some Europeans do with Airbus. It's a stupid reason but I'm sure it applies to some people.
    Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
    ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

I personally don't hate Airbus, I love all the widebodies that flies regularly above my house fo final approach in Amsterdam Schiphol, either Boeing or Airbus.

People hates Airbus because it's nothing more than a European airplane, it's not American. It's just general public thinking when they know the airplane is from Europe, they always say "Ooh,... its from Europe..." inside their mind. It's just like a general public thinking toward Russian airplanes, noisy, big, and cramped, which lead to "Uh...uh, I ain't gonna fly that comunist thing.".

Second reason that I can think of is it's French. You know what I mean right?

It would be a different story if Airbus is a company in New Jersey, while Boeing is in Seattle.

As always, it's just what I think.

Comment

Cos Boeing is American and Airbus is not, at the end of the day it'll boil down to that.

But that's hardly surprising, most ppl support the home team. Personally I hope Boeing and Airbus stay in this epic struggle for who is no.1 forever. It's great if each year you don't know who will be no.1, great for competition and ultimately for the consumer.

4Engines4LongHaul

Comment

Originally posted by Dimas Sutyoso
          It would be a different story if Airbus is a company in New Jersey, while Boeing is in Seattle.
          Then we'd see the "Spotter Gangstah" and an entirely different East coast VS West coast war.

Imagine a sunny day at Boeing field, an A380 rolls by at 10kph, windows open, bullets fly....."'Daz alotta strapz yo!"

Comment

Makes no difference to me who makes the damn plane. If I had to choose, of course I'd prefer American-made aircraft, but I'm not going to "bash" Airbus. None of that childish crap for me, thanks.
            My photos on jp.net

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
              I can tell you theres NOTHING in this world like flying on the A320 series. I also enjoy the 767.
              Hmm...could it be because you are an AC fan?
              Will F.
              Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

I hate Airbus because they have turned piloting commercial airliners into one of the most boring things on earth.

I see so many photos of Airbus pilots sitting in the cockpit with their hands in their laps as the computer putt putts them around the sky.

What ever happened to the aviators of yesterday? Pilots are just button pushers now...how can you fly an aircraft the size of a 340-600 using a tiny side-stick. It doesnt even work like a normal stick...it induces a roll rate, not a flight control deflection. Same for the rudders. AA587 wouldnt have happened on a Boeing.

I miss flight engineers, navigators and the like, steam gauges, and pilots who actually FLEW the aircraft.

When I was young all I dreamed of was becoming a pilot...I read Ernest Gahn and Saint Exupery, Rick Drury and Assen Jordanoff, aspiring to one day become one of them, a true pilot. These men had SKILL. They were in control of their aircraft from the moment the engines started, because it was a matter of life or death in most cases. Tex Johnson didn't have fly-by-wire when he rolled the 707. Alfred Haynes was not using a joystick to fly United 232 into Sioux City.

These days its all button pushing nonsense. Sure...its economical...the airlines dont have to pay for someone to monitor engines and fuel, and the same pilot can fly 6 different airplanes with minimal new training.

But it is not FLYING.

At the least Boeing has conserved YOKES and airplanes that fly like airplanes, and for the moment still make airplanes with character...but they are headed the same way too.

I am in love with flying from 1903-1980...

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                  I hate Airbus because they have turned piloting commercial airliners into one of the most boring things on earth.

I see so many photos of Airbus pilots sitting in the cockpit with their hands in their laps as the computer putt putts them around the sky.

What ever happened to the aviators of yesterday? Pilots are just button pushers now...how can you fly an aircraft the size of a 340-600 using a tiny side-stick. It doesnt even work like a normal stick...it induces a roll rate, not a flight control deflection. Same for the rudders. AA587 wouldnt have happened on a Boeing.

I miss flight engineers, navigators and the like, steam gauges, and pilots who actually FLEW the aircraft.

When I was young all I dreamed of was becoming a pilot...I read Ernest Gahn and Saint Exupery, Rick Drury and Assen Jordanoff, aspiring to one day become one of them, a true pilot. These men had SKILL. They were in control of their aircraft from the moment the engines started, because it was a matter of life or death in most cases. Tex Johnson didn't have fly-by-wire when he rolled the 707. Alfred Haynes was not using a joystick to fly United 232 into Sioux City.

These days its all button pushing nonsense. Sure...its economical...the airlines dont have to pay for someone to monitor engines and fuel, and the same pilot can fly 6 different airplanes with minimal new training.

But it is not FLYING.

At the least Boeing has conserved YOKES and airplanes that fly like airplanes, and for the moment still make airplanes with character...but they are headed the same way too.

Technological Advancement
                  Will F.
                  Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy764
                    Technological Advancement
                    I think they are on the right track if they want to eliminate pilots completely...

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86

But it is not FLYING.

Amen!
                      Trump is an idiot!
                      Vote Democrats!!

Comment

I dislike Airbus because to me they seem so damn arrogant. Hell the tail falls off of an airbus in NYC and first thing that they do is start blaming the pilots. They may as well the media, trying to assign blame before any investigation has taken place.

What is the perfect flight crew for an Airbus?
                        2 pilots and a dog.
                        The pilots are there to feed the dog and the dog is there to bite the pilots if they try and touch anything.
                        My photos at JP.net

National Air Traffic Controllers Association

Comment

Well, I don't dislike Airbus, but I root for Boeing because it is sort of like the "home team." Similar to rooting for your local sports teams. You don't have anything against the other teams, but you always want your team to do well.
                          Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

I'm with clover.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                              I'm with clover.
                              One day when we are both old...we should buy a J-3 Cub. Now thats a real airplane.

The sad thing is most of the people on this forum will not understand my post simply because what they know about flying starts with A380 and 777

Comment

Working...
                              X