Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bill introduced to give tanker contract to Boeing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill introduced to give tanker contract to Boeing!

Incredibly, after the ethics scandal now they want to rig it to be a one horse race!

What was the point of having a competition in the first place? What a joke.

4Engines4LongHaul

Originally posted by CaptainJackSparrow
    http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...toryID=8562833

Incredibly, after the ethics scandal now they want to rig it to be a one horse race!

What was the point of having a competition in the first place? What a joke.
    Are you saying Airbus should get it? Anyways, this is interesting, even after the scandals. I bet it has something to do with the Airbus-US relations right now.
    You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

No, I'm saying if you have a competition you don't rig the rules so one party is kicked out of the competition before it starts.

This is like having a presidential race with only one candidate allowed!

Check out the beautiful plane they want to kick out, stomps all over the 767:

4Engines4LongHaul

Comment

Originally posted by link above
        it voted to bar the acquisition of a major weapons system from any foreign company that gets what the United States has protested as a government subsidy barred by the World Trade Organization, said spokesman, Josh Holly.
        Sounds fair to me. IF Airbus gives up subsidies, they can have a go at the contract. LOL
        THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
        Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
        George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

Disregard legality for a momant and jsut consider this, did any of ouy think that Airbus would have really had a chance when it came to this tanker contract? HELL NO! There is no way that the US was going to give Airbus such a large contract, and furthermore, there is no way that they would have wanted to hurt Boeing.

But Airbus made it worse by having its subsidies. This announcement comes at a time thwn the US government is publically critisizing Airbus for their practices, it's no coincidence.
          Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Why not? Plenty of other countries fly planes which they don't build, why can't the US?

Why buy an inferior product from a company that in relation to the same contract was embroiled in an ethics scandal and can only win the contract by having Politicians kick all other competitors out of the so called 'competition'?

It's just a wee bit unfair isn't it. And Airbus's launch aid has nothing to do with it, they'll cut the launch aid when Boeing cut's all it's indirect subsidies.

4Engines4LongHaul

Comment

Originally posted by wannabepilot777
              Sounds fair to me. IF Airbus gives up subsidies, they can have a go at the contract. LOL
              Well, pretty two faced aren't you. On the one hand you whine your asses off when Airbus gets aid from Europe, and look what you're doing all the while...LOL
              "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Why buy an inferior product
                If you weren't an 12 year old airbus fanatic I would ask you to state what makes the 767 inferior to the A330 but I doubt you could come up with any reasons. I'm not saying that the 767 is superior, but just because an airplane looks better doesn't mean its better.

Comment

Did I say it was better cos of the appearance?

But you know what, I KNEW you would say that when I wrote it, I just knew it.

Are you honestly going to sit there and say the 767 is a better tanker on the merits than the a330?

4Engines4LongHaul

Comment

Did I say it was better cos of the appearance?
                    sure did

Check out the beautiful plane they want to kick out, stomps all over the 767:
                    But you know what, I KNEW you would say that when I wrote it, I just knew it.
                    than why did you write it?

Are you honestly going to sit there and say the 767 is a better tanker on the merits than the a330?
                    Originally posted by Screaming_Emu
                    I'm not saying that the 767 is superior, but just because an airplane looks better doesn't mean its better.

Comment

How many of the other countries that buy airplanes also have huge airplane manufacturers in their countries that contribute a large part to the that countries economy. Everything would be fine if John McCain would just keep to himself or his state for 5 mins.
                      Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Err no, I said it was a beautiful plane AND it stomps all over the 767, not BECAUSE it's beautiful.

4Engines4LongHaul

Comment

Err no, I said it was a beautiful plane AND it stomps all over the 767, not BECAUSE it's beautiful.
                          care to explain how since you're obviously an expert at knowing which commercial aircraft would serve well as tankers. I'm dying ot hear.

Comment

No my knowledge, general consensus is the a330 is the better tanker.

4Engines4LongHaul

Comment

No my knowledge, general consensus is the a330 is the better tanker.
                              why?

Comment

Working...
                              X