I love Manchester!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love Manchester!

I would like to make a thread to thank all the wonderfull photographers and spotters from Manchester that I met these past few days on my little trip! I had a really great time, mostly thanks to the warm welcome and hospitality all these guys showed, really great...

I'd like to thank:
    -Jason Nicholls, who was kind enough to meet me at the airport and have me stay at his place two nights
    -Tony Silgrim, for coming to the pub to have a drink and talk with us, and for the good laughs
    -John Higgins, for picking me up Thursday, when I would have had no transport, and taking me to the south side with Tony and Paul Dopson.
    -Kevin Cadd, for hangin with me untill my departure at 4pm Thursday, thanks m8
    -Dan Valentine, for driving all night to pick me and Jason up to go to MAN
    -Chris Kilroy, Garry Lewis, Paul Dopson, Jimmy the Greek, Shaun Grist, for being there, and making for a very nice time amongst airplane freaks

Cheers to everyone, I hope to meet you all again soon sometime.
    If ever in LAX be sure to let me know

I already have about 25 photos in the queue, and MAN is really a great airport for spotting and photography, I recommend it to everyone!

Thanks alot,
    -Clovis Bouhier

Sounds like you had fun...but no group picture, you would have thought with all those cameras... I'll be at LAX on Jun.24 not long just enought to pick up my baggage and to get out of LA. I'll be arriving at 12:32 pm on US Airways 757 and then promptly leaving LA till Jul. 9 when I'll be leaving for BWI.

Comment

Greg, you'll miss me by a day! I'll be in LAX June 25th, arriving around 1pm on AA 137 from LHR

-Clovis

Comment

Your flight is a bit longer than mine. I will also be there on Jul. 9 at 9 am flt. 138, A321.

Comment

Clovis .... you are more than welcome !!

we like tho make everyone welcome , thats just the way we are..

glad you had a great time... we enjoyed having you

cheers Tony

Comment

No worries Clovis, glad to finally meet you and have you over here! Hope to see you in LAX in the very near future! Glad you liked MAN, alot of people turn it down and instead go LHR, but the people who visit MAN will agree its a great place to be!
            E-Mail Me - My Photo's - My Photographer Profile

Comment

I'd like to offer my thanks, as well, to everyone who made this such a remarkable trip -- dare I say, the best vacation of my life?!

Thanks to Dan Valentine for making many of the plans, doing almost 1400 miles worth of driving, opening up his house to us, and for making the sidetrip to FRA possible.

Jason Nicholls for opening up his home as well...

Clovis Bouhier, for making the trip from the land of Frogs :P.

Tony Silgrim, for the directions, and a great day/night at the pub/viewing park.

Dimitris Triadafillou (Jimmy the Greek), Paul Dopson, Garry Lewis, John Higgins, Kevin Cadd, Shaun Grist, Gerry Hill, J. Byrne, and everyone else who made this trip so special.

Hope to see all of you again in the future!

Trump is an idiot!
              Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Yeah lads was a cracking few days. Good to finaly meet all the poeple i've heard so much about to. By the way anyone get a good pic of that dodgy Khalifa cross breed 330? As you can guess mine was, as Higgins would say "a bag of wank" :P

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
                  By the way anyone get a good pic of that dodgy Khalifa cross breed 330? As you can guess mine was, as Higgins would say "a bag of wank" :P
                  We wouldn't have assumed any less from you, Dan.

Unfortunately, mine was, as you would say, absolute bollocks as well...
                  Trump is an idiot!
                  Vote Democrats!!

Comment

You know, I have to say that it seems you guys had a good time there at MAN. I have enjoyed seeing the photos being uploaded. Maybe we can arrange something like this for LAX area? Are any of you guys coming to the LAX International Airliner Show 2004? I am on the board and helping to organize it.

Stephen

Comment

Yeah enough said about my driving the beter i think lads *cough*
                      And you can shut it to Kilroy. And as for you Kev, your lucky you had "colin Mcrae" as your driver so dont complain

Comment

Oh come on now, Dan has wonderfull driving skills! We didnt flip over once did we?

-Clovis

Comment

Nope but you did loose a wheel trim trying to keep up with me

how is that tyre Dan ?

Tony

Comment

I think he lost that hub-cap doing 140mph on the motorway
                            Go Dan! Speedracer :P

-Clovis

Comment

It was a wonderful day, and great to meet so many great guys.

One of the problems with the net is that you meet people and get on great with them, then meet them in real life and find out they are complete wan*ers

However, I can't remember meeting such a nice group of people before, it really did make the day.

It would be fantastic if we could meet once a year at least as a group for a trip somewhere...........I hear Toronto is lovely in Winter

If any of you UK lads fancy a meet soon let me know, I'll have a 10D and new lens to roadtest

Cheers

Garry
                              Garry Lewis

Air Team Images - www.airteamimages.com
                              Air Traffic Controller - Toronto ACC (West Low)

https://flic.kr/ps/AAWk8

Comment

Working...
                              X