Photo Rejection Consistency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Rejection Consistency

2 of my photos have been rejected and I just saw some very similar shots accepted. Just wondering about the consistency here.

**Please forgive me for the bad quality of the shots. I uploaded them to VillagePhotos so I could display them here. I had to make the photos a lot smaller and sacrifice quality, becuase of their file size limitations.**

This photo was rejected because "Part of the plane was cut off"

Now look at this one in the database, the exact same part of the tail is missing, but accpected anyways.

Click on here for full size.

And this photo was rejected because "The truck in front is annoying"

Don't you think these trucks are a lot more "annoying"?

I'm not saying his photos are worse than mine or anything like that. I'm just wondering about the consistency of screening standards here at JP.net. Does it have anything to do with the A.net screener(s) who moved here?
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Also, if screeners are reading this, do you guys prefer 1024x768 pics over 800x600 pics? Both of them are deemed acceptable on the upload page. I find that compressing my pics to 800x600 enhances their quality, and when you look at pics 1024x768 you always have to scroll the web browser (assuming your screen size is set at 1024x76

Comment

First off, your first photo of the NW Airlink CRJ is not sharp and is considerably blurred. The second shot...the truck is waaaay too into the picture. In the shots you used in your examples to try to refute your rejection---the tug is not a main focus in the picture and truly adds some character to the photo. Yours...you have a big honkin' tonkin' thing that sticks out like a sore thumb and takees a lot away form the photograph. I'm going to have to side with the screeners on this one.

P.S. There is no way to get absolute "consistency" within the screening staff. There are guidelines that the screeners follow and the screeners themselves are avid photographers for the most part. They know what is acceptable and what is not. This is not a case of inconsistency, it's a case of bad picturitis.

Cheers!
      Bryan
      Corrections Screener
      The 727: Been Gracing the skies since 1963.

Comment

Actually, I think both the NW Airlink shots suck, and should have been rejected, although in both cases, your shots are really not good quality wise, I can't make a decision untill I've seen your uploaded photo.

-Clovis

Comment

well, I had to make the file a lot smaller and lost a lot of quality so VillagePhotos would actually accept it, the photos I uploaded weren't like that

and Delta727, if they had given the reason "blurry" or whatever, i wouldn't have posted this

Comment

Well then, you yourself right there admitted that the photos are substandard. At any rate, the photos were rejected-and rightly so. End of story. Just go out, do a little spotting....and submit more. You win some and you lose some.
            Bryan
            Corrections Screener
            The 727: Been Gracing the skies since 1963.

Comment

Have I ever told you the time I got 15 pics rejected in the same e-mail? Or the time I got 15 accepted in the same e-mail? You win some you lose some but you keep on playing the game.

Comment

i guess i will...

Comment

no Greg you have not, lol

Comment

Believe me getting 15 rejected at once really puts you down. Or the first time I uploaded I about killed Peter. I was so young then.

Comment

One of the NW CRJ pix I deleted because it was a screener mistake.

About the truck. In your photo its in front disturbing the plane. In the accepted pix its a tow truck thats actually has something to do with the plane at hand
                      Legia Warszawa - Duma Stolicy Polski
                      Sail the Smooth Skies to ORD with the 767-300ER

Photos: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=5
                      http://www.jetphotos.net/members/viewprofile.php?id=5

Comment

you deleted his photo????
                        that was not at all my intentions....

uh oh, now i feel even worse!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by B777-400

you deleted his photo????
                          that was not at all my intentions....

uh oh, now i feel even worse!!!!

I deleted it because it was a screening mistake, and It was pointed it out to me by someone else. You had nothing to do with it, I can assure you that
                          Legia Warszawa - Duma Stolicy Polski
                          Sail the Smooth Skies to ORD with the 767-300ER

Photos: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=5
                          http://www.jetphotos.net/members/viewprofile.php?id=5

Comment

oh good...phew

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                              Have I ever told you the time I got 15 pics rejected in the same e-mail?
                              You have had 15 pictures recjected from here?????????

Comment

Working...
                              X