P*ss Poor Cabin Service/Your Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P*ss Poor Cabin Service/Your Experience

We have had a number of posts here regarding worst flights for a variety of reasons, however I want to narrow down the field a little.

What was the flight that you experienced the worst in cabin service-maybe in the end you got there on time and with your baggage, but the in flight service was the pits?

My worst experience was AC 942 from YYZ to Bermuda in spring 1993.
    I was literally at the back of the 'bus (320) and when they got to me it was not a choice of chicken or we're out of beef, it was we're out of food. I mean how hard is it to load 107 Y class meals on a full flight with 107 seats. Then a FA showed up with the hot plate meal from Executive Class, which I distinctly remember shrimp brochette, which fortunately I am not allergic to, along with a plastic bag containing a plastic spoon, sugar and creamer, and a small napkin that they use for coffee service on RapidAir flights. So I asked the obvious, where is the rest of the meal, ie the salad, the bread, the dessert etc, and I was basically told to shut up as I should be grateful I got anything at all and in any event did I not know this was an Executive Class meal. I begged to differ in the letter I wrote to AC's then President, stating I had eaten many J and F class meals with AC, and this was certainly not representative of their premium product, along with a comment that the entire dour and obviously unhappy cabin crew would be better off flying a one hour flight to Newark than an upbeat crowd of vacationers, some of whom were hitting the sauce at 1030 am in anticipation of their vacation-nothing rowdy, just loud and happy. I got a whopping 500 Aeroplan miles for my effort, along with a comment that inappropriate cabin staff attitude had been noted at the conclusion of the flight. I often wonder where that so called "meal" came from, did they steal it off the tray of a sleeping passenger up front?? Or was someone unable to eat shrimp!
    ________
    Cumshot videos

My worst flight's considering cabin service was on NorthWorst Airlines...what a surprise!

It was my last leg from Detroit to Ottawa on a NWA CRJ-100. We boarded the cramped little plane with zero leg room. I was very uncomfortable as the gigantic passenger beside me fell asleep and stretched his arms and legs into my territory. We waited on the ground for 2 hours. The single flight attendant didn't give us any snacks, drinks, or explanation whatsoever. So I went up to her and asked politely "Excuse me, how come we are still on the ground?" Basically she said "How the hell would I know?" in a really harsh tone and gave me a dirty look. Shocked, I went back to my seat. Then in the air I asked her if she had any Sprite or 7UP. In her drawer I saw a 7UP. But she insisted she had none and pushed the drawer further in as to block my view. Not in the mood to argue, I settled for a lemonade. As we were leaving the plane, she gave me a dirty look again. I had no idea why...
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Will, you should have sued for racial discrimination.

I personally have not had bad cabin service on any of my flights, except maybe on a Garuda Indonesia flight from Singapore to Jakarta. The travel agent had mistakenly booked our meal choice as Hindu vegetarian, so we ended up getting some crap. When we asked the airhostess if it could be changed for one of us, she said that she would have to check if she had any extra (mind you, the flight was empty, and this was a 747). She never got back to us, and ignored us for the rest of the flight.

Actually maybe this wasn't even the airhostesses fault - after all it was the travel agent who had wrongly booked our choice of food.

There is this one other incident that my ex-friend told me about, which I did not believe from day one. I know I have posted it on here somewhere before, but I will post it again, just because it is so utterly and completely unbelievable.

So this ex-friend of mine was on a Cathay Pacific 747 from Hong Kong to London. He says that throughout the flight (it was pretty long, HKG to LHR) he got not a single thing to eat. Even when he went up and asked the f/a if she had a chocolate bar, he says he was told that they didn't have any. This struck me as funny because Cathay would never ever do that to any of its passengers, especially on such a long flight. The guy was probably fast asleep.
      "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

I really cant say that ive ever had a bad flight. I guess im lucky :P

Comment

How do you have an "ex-friend"?

Comment

Simple, we aren't friends any more. Richard and I saw that guy for what he was........
            "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
              So this ex-friend of mine was on a Cathay Pacific 747 from Hong Kong to London. He says that throughout the flight (it was pretty long, HKG to LHR) he got not a single thing to eat. Even when he went up and asked the f/a if she had a chocolate bar, he says he was told that they didn't have any. This struck me as funny because Cathay would never ever do that to any of its passengers, especially on such a long flight. The guy was probably fast asleep.
              That guy's just full of it isn't he. One word, Idiot!

As for me, I gotta say. My worst ever flight was still on that Saudia TriStar back in July 1998. The stewardess who mostly served us was a real b1tch.

On another occasion in Chinese New Year 2001 we were on a China Airlines (yeah I know, riding them is like russian roulette ) 738 flight from Jakarta to Hong Kong. The stewardess was really rude. So rude that my Mum got so angry that she told her (the F/A) to shut up and get lost. I thought that was pretty damn funny!

Comment

I've had an experience similar to the one of a78jumper. On an Air Belgium flight, we were seated in the middle. Now it was the custom that one flight attendant started in the front, working his way to the middle, and the other started in the back. You can guess what happened. At least, we got a crew meal (which wasn't so great, as they were already cutting costs, but went bankrupt after all)...

Grtz,

Nicki
                My JetPhotos.Net pictures

Comment

havent had a bad crew except for AC I thought Transat would be brutal but the crew was really good. Had the worst seat in the L1011 though. In the middle and the lady beside was so weird she tried to steal my bloody pillow six times and she kept staring at me

Comment

Working...
                  X