Nikon D70 Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikon D70 Problems

Anyone had any problems with Autofocus on the D70?
    Mine's in for repairs on warranty due to faulty AF motor - the thing just hunts to macro and then jams there. Just what you need when you're shooting a plane rolling down a runway.

I haven't had any problems like that with my D70. Fingers crossed.
    YBBN - James

Comment

Originally posted by MaltaAirSpotter
      Anyone had any problems with Autofocus on the D70?
      Mine's in for repairs on warranty due to faulty AF motor - the thing just hunts to macro and then jams there. Just what you need when you're shooting a plane rolling down a runway.
      Thats exactly what happened to the AF on my 300D last week (i know not the same camera, but still similar problem). I was taking pictures and the AF just died like that. The 300D was also out of warranty. Since this happened I upgraded to the 20D which I just got a few days ago.

Not sure the 300D should be repaired or not, depends on how much it would be.

Comment

no problems here...
        Nikon D70
        AF-S DX Zoom Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED
        AF Micro Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D
        AF Zoom Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6D-ED
        AF Zoom Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D-ED VR
        My istock portfolio

Comment

No problems here either. Occasionally it has difficulty focussing on white/contrast-poor areas, but that seems to be a problem in most camera's (and that's why I think there should be a ban on white planes )

Comment

You sure it's not your lens?

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
            Thats exactly what happened to the AF on my 300D last week (i know not the same camera, but still similar problem). I was taking pictures and the AF just died like that. The 300D was also out of warranty.
            I've had big trouble focusing lately when shooting in to the sky but no real problems when there's a background to it. I'm putting it down to a problem with my 75-300 rather than the 300D...

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by G-DALE
              You sure it's not your lens?

I've had big trouble focusing lately when shooting in to the sky but no real problems when there's a background to it. I'm putting it down to a problem with my 75-300 rather than the 300D...

Dale
              Nope, not the lens. I verified the problem with 2 lenses. Deffinetly not a lens problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                Nope, not the lens. I verified the problem with 2 lenses. Deffinetly not a lens problem.
                That's my next mission I think. I'm almost sure it's the 75-300 though.

Comment

Well at least yours still works properly on some subjects, mine just died totally and couldn't get an AF lock on anything. This happened when I was in Vancouver last week, so I just used MF after the AF broke and the pics came out great. Didn't bother with planes at the airport though...

Comment

Had a similar problem with my 20D over the weekend - just kept hunting for focus lock - sometimes it worked sometimes not (about 40% not) - tried various setting etc but still not working as it should. Tried my lenses on a 10D - worked fine.
                    Camera only 7 months old so went to supplier who swopped it for a new body which was good but surely something like that should not really happen.

Comment

same problem with D100

hi all......

i have the same problem with my D100 since 4 Month, only with my 24-120 lens !!!!! i used too a 80-200 and 80-400 without problems.

the lens was in service by nikon switzerland and they says "no problems" grrrrrr!!!

i try out an other 24-120 lens without problems !!!!
                      Regards
                      Bruno Geiger

Comment

I've had no mechanical problems with my D70, now over 10,100 pics taken. However my sensor it starting to look like someone spit on it.
                        Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Working...
                        X