Artistic approach . worth the upload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artistic approach . worth the upload

Today I had to chance to snap one of the few reamining Canberra in UK service. I played a bit with dark rain cloud and a backlit setting,

That is what I got (no filters were used, apart from the normal sharpening)

Is it worth a try ?

for me, it's to dark but I do like the reflection off the top

Comment

That's a lovely shot. It might well get rejected as too dark, but given its merits I think you're entitled to upload in the artistic category and take your chances.

Comment

In my opinion, this pic is way too dark and bad cropped. Now, imagine the same aircraft sitting on the ramp, the same light and a full frame shot of this aircraft with those reflections........ now THAT would be a beauty!

Gerardo
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Gerardo,

what do you mean by badly cropped ?

Is this better ?

Comment

What rather irritates me, is the huge amount of grey sky. The real interesting subject in your pic is not the grey sky, but the combination of silhouettes and reflections on the aircraft.

A frame filled up with the aircraft as most as possible would be more appealing in my opinion.

Gerardo

Comment

I like it. Ignore any adverse comments, it's a beautiful shot of a REAL aeroplane! The sky simply adds to the impact on what is a stunning shot.

Andy

Comment

BTW, I prefer the first version over the second, brighter one. The second is simply dull, while in the first the silhouettes are much more prominent.

Gerardo

Comment

A better idea ?

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk
                    A better idea ?
                    Yes I think that last one is.
                    http://www.aircraftinaction.co.uk/

Comment

Loses quality though.

Comment

Well, I didn't want to open another thread about more or less the same topic so I write my big thanks to the screening team into this one.

Recently, after quite a longish considerartion, I uploaded two shots of mine taken at Le Bourget with a more artistic approach. I tried them on all three big sites and on one they are already being rejected, at the other one still in the queue but I was enormously happy when I got an e-mail stating that both of them were added here.

Don't know why but that means quite a lot for me as I somehow really like these shots. Thanks again for not being so anal and requesting the standard ones only.

Here they are:

[photoid=539366]
                        [photoid=539310]

The Tupolev Tu-114.
                        World speed record holder for turboprop aircraft.

Comment

Working...
                        X