Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Departure on Job - Time to Grow Up :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Departure on Job - Time to Grow Up :)

Monday marks the last day of me as a airline fueler for Northstar Aviation here at PVD.

Ive been here for 1 year now, plus a few days, and it truely has been a good experience. I have learned so much, met so many famous people, met thousands of pilots, and had a hell of an opportunity to be on the ramp all hours of the day. Ever wonder what its like to be side by side a A320, 757, or 767 when your viewing it through the grass? I was always the same way. What a reward to stand under the 757 fueselage when it rains. Im 6'4 and my head still doesnt hit hehe . Im sitting here writing this, and Its kind of sad in the sence that, they treated me pretty well dispite a few arguments here and there, and the job itself was enjoyable.

Sure it had its bad days, -10ºF with windchill of -30....endure that for 8hrs a day, turns ya into a man . Then you get days with heat index's of 105.... its a rough job and doesnt pay well, but its fun as hell. Just thought I'd share my experiences as a fueler.

Here are 2 pics taken yesterday of me at work... Steve Pellegrino (Crism - Forum Name), is the photographer behind this. Matt Cole let the little terd on the ramp to take pics LOL. Pssssst - Thats illegal but I wont say anything. Reason for me flipping them off...

Working Hard, or Hardly Working? http://img334.imageshack.us/img334/3543/ryandc90wy.jpg (Airborne DC-9)

http://img335.imageshack.us/img335/5...anagain4fk.jpg (Walking over to join them as they make some purdy shots)

And my ride...

Anyone else have a job they had to leave, and REALLY dont want to leave? Eh... time for me to grow up, vacation with Chris Burns for 2 weeks then off to College.
    Ryan Davis
    Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
    www.flyerguide.net

as gay as it is..

*grabs tissue...and blows nose.*

Good tribute Davis. Very nice. Iv been on my job for awhile, over 2 yrs and I have made so many friends and had a great time, so I know it will be hard to leave my own job when I have to.

Glad you had a great time, good pics nice ride too!!, and have a great time with Burns, behave yourself boys

Alex
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Fuuk the place GFK here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
        Fuuk the place GFK here we come!
        LMAO. Typical.... just to get psyched up... look what I made..

Ryan Davis
        Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
        www.flyerguide.net

Comment

Originally posted by ExpressJet145

Yes with your handy *click- save as* technique

Comment

Yes with your handy *click- save as* technique
            Thats only for.... wait nevermind. But umm yeah, I used photoshop for this one!!!! LOL.
            Ryan Davis
            Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
            www.flyerguide.net

Comment

Thats only for.... wait nevermind. But umm yeah, I used photoshop for this one!!!! LOL.

Id like to share with everyone, he has 9 CD's so far filled up with the *Click-Save As* technique

Comment

I am SO not even going to comment on that.....

I can tell your already getting fired up guys for the trip and GFK and such, Ill have to make a ways up to GFK to make sure you guys are behaving yourselves, and I wanna get in the fun of checking out the ladies (yes burns and davis LADIES on the street..not the paying ones)...and the beer...oh wait ya'll aint 21, beyotch.

Burns, Davis ill come up for a hockey weekend or something.

Id like to share with everyone, he has 9 CD's so far filled up with the *Click-Save As* technique
                I. Alexander Trude. bear witness to everything Burns has just said.

Alex
                Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Fare well, Poop-Eater, Pumpmaster Flash, Jet-A Jedi, JDogg187..... I know all of them are you! Atleast wherever you go, you could always find a job pumping gas....
                  -Jay

Comment

Originally posted by JJR
                    Fare well, Poop-Eater, Pumpmaster Flash, Jet-A Jedi, JDogg187..... I know all of them are you! Atleast wherever you go, you could always find a job pumping gas....
                    -Jay
                    Hmmm shall I add some...

LEE - The most hated fueler in the world lmao..
                    MCIFuelersRock
                    PVD- Me.. hehe
                    GSOFueler
                    OBIWan
                    StLuciaSimplyBeautiful
                    Cant forget JDogg187 lol
                    Poop-Eater

Damn, the list goes on....

I think were the only 2 fuelers on this site .
                    Ryan Davis
                    Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
                    www.flyerguide.net

Comment

Nice story...you will always have the aviation blood, no mater where you go aviation will always be calling...You'll be back in the grove soon enough, school will pass by like a blur (alcohol or not) and you will find yourself longing for the commercial aviation industry...welcome to the fold.
                      My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

ahhhhhhh the naivety of a pre-flight training student . There's more glossy advertisements at flight schools saying "wan't to become an airline pilot, that's "easy" just train with us " than you can poke a stick at.

When I began my C.P.L with MEIR last year I felt special with my flashy pilot's uniform, I'll be just be like those happy pilot's flying those jets shown in those flight school advertisements i thought. In the end I spose they wern't keen on showing a pilot walk out the door with a NZD $50,000 dept with interest, and with almost no chance of finding work at least until another NZD $18,000 was spent on an instructor's rating.

By all means go for it, I'm still confident of making a living as a pilot, because like you it's been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember. Just don't take those glossy advertisements to seriously, their bull-shit and unrealistic. With my flight school their brosure had a private jet on the front cover with merry cherry pilot's, hinting that the whole thing from flight training to work was a care-free walk in the park process.

They don't tell you about the qualified pilot being forced to work outside of the industry to gain control over his massive dept. Right, I'm off now to deposit my entire weeks wages into my loan, a raindrop in the ocean it is.

I know you made the advertisement yourself, but it's exactly what they look like, all superficial. Sorry for being morbid, but unless your a spolit shit with rich parents, who pays for your training, and you have amazing connections i.e. dad is CEO for an airline, it's bloody hard slog. There's no money for pilots until the airlines, so untill then it's not pretty, like they portray at flight school's.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your departure from the job you loved and have to leave.
                          Great pics added, especially the one where you're just hangin, under the wing, must you have a lot of breaks !! :rolleyes:

question, so how long does it take to fuel up this DCniner ??

question no. 2 : didnt the co0mpany trow you a goodbye party ??

anyway good luck with the college and may you have a great vacation together with mr. burnski !!!!!

later ...
                          Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Ryan I can tell you are a fueller, that darn trigger finger keeps coming up eh!

I saw it a few times when Consolidated Fuels in YYZ overfuelled an acft and I was telling them to take the extra load off (hahaha) as I wasn't bumping the cargo or any pax.

Good luck and we hope to see you in the front of an acft. Hey if you come to work for Cameron and me in the Great White North we can not only tell you to stop whining and get in the plane (me) we can audit your every move (Cameron).

Have fun.

Comment

Well thanks for your support guys.

To answer some of your questions, that load for the DC-9 was 20,800lb's,

9,300 in each wing, and 2,200 in the center. They come in with 6000-9000lbs on board, so it takes about 8-15min. Depending on the fuel load.

Each aircraft takes longer/less long to fill. 737NG's fill fast, MD80s fill slow, 757s are rockets of you have any going into the center tank... ask JJR . 777s I'd imagine fill fast.
                              Ryan Davis
                              Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
                              www.flyerguide.net

Comment

Working...
                              X