No announcement yet.

Have you ever tasted good airline food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those Pizza's are about the best thing AA have done in years!

Comment

Re:

Air France in Y, back in '97. From BOM to CDG, great food, rice with a couple veggies, the softest roll I've ever eaten, and the smoothest Black Forest cake I've ever had. Plus all the usuals.

Then from CDG to IAH in Y, Indian-style cutlets with a light but rich-tasting flan, nice sugary crust on top. Yeah, amazingly I remember all that but it definitely wasn't ordinary airline food.

Foxtrot

Comment

sort of related story. First time I flew first class with NW was from BWI-MSP. Was all excited cause they said there was gonna be breakfast served for first class.

F**king Cheerios

Comment

I had a great meal Business to New York from Heathrow. Crayfish Cocktail thingy to start, followed by Fillet Steak, followed by Cheery Cheesecake. Yummy....
          Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggy
            followed by Cheery Cheesecake.
            I also prefer my food to be in a good mood before I eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
              sort of related story. First time I flew first class with NW was from BWI-MSP. Was all excited cause they said there was gonna be breakfast served for first class.

F**king Cheerios
              Seriously?! I flew them in January SFO-MSP first class and got a full breafast, Omlette(can't spell it) Bacon, Sausage, Pancakes, Toast and everything.
              sigpic
              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                Seriously?! I flew them in January SFO-MSP first class and got a full breafast, Omlette(can't spell it) Bacon, Sausage, Pancakes, Toast and everything.
                yup 100% serious. Still better than you get out of GFK "would you like a granola?"

Comment

Eh I flew Frontier to Minneapolis on Saturday, and the inflight magazine said I was supposed to get a bagel on the SFO-DEN leg, and a granola bar on the DEN-MSP leg. All I got were drinks on both flights.
                  sigpic
                  http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Airlines that always served amazing food:
                    Jet Airways
                    Singapore Airlines
                    Air France
                    Indian
                    Continental

Hit or Miss:
                    Delta
                    Northwest

Unbearable:
                    Egyptair (only airline meal I haven't been able to eat!)

Comment

You think Continental serves good meals ...? I think they could do a better effort, serving that kind of meals.
                      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                        You think Continental serves good meals ...? I think they could do a better effort, serving that kind of meals.
                        Breakfast back in 2001 on ATL-EWR, wasn't too bad. It was something more than a box of wheaties in Y, which is something more than can be expected these days!

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcenter
                          Breakfast back in 2001 on ATL-EWR, wasn't too bad. It was something more than a box of wheaties in Y, which is something more than can be expected these days!
                          Oh, I was expecting somethin above just breakfast, somehow Hot dinner.. But if you say it was above average, I believe yar statement.
                          Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

In July, the flights I had between SEA-DEN and back on AS, they had some really tasty zuchini breads, a major (and tasty at that) upgrade over the peanuts I'm used to.

Back in '92, a USAir segment between PIT-DFW had a rather filling breakfast of eggs, croissant and sausage. How I miss the old days!

Comment

I have great memories of airlines meals. I special ordered a hamburger on AA BOS-LAX back in '01. It said it was McD's burger but it looked and tasted way better than anything I've ever had there. Last real meal I ever had on an airline was UA BOS-DEN in 2003. It was some egg, cheese, and ham thing baked inside some kind of flaky crust. My mouth waters just from thinking about it.....

Since then all I've had was peanuts and such. Speaking of, remember WN's honey roasted peanuts? Those were some of the best tasting peanuts I ever had. The dry roasted ones they have now are ok, but really I wish they'd bring honey roasted back.

Comment

Why'd they ever get rid of them?
                                I have to say though, on WN's 3 hour long flights I've taken out of MDW/LAX the service was pretty good, considering it's a low fare airline. The snack boxes had some wierd low fat Oreo things (REAL Oreo's would have been better, but they weren't bad) rits crackers, and peanuts. Not bad considering it was free.

Comment

Working...
                                X