Is this underexposed, vice versa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this underexposed, vice versa.

I took this picture yesterday at 1/500 shutter speed and F.8. I have not been able to make the image good in editing. Is the problem that it is underexposed or overexposed. I have a feeling the shutter was too slow, because the sky is very bright (as well as the fuselage) and there is some noise under the fuselage. Could I be right?

Also, the pic is pretty soft. Is there anything I can do to avoid that next time?

Overexposed.
    You have two choices, faster shutter, or choose a smaller f-stop.

-Duke

Comment

I would say it's exposed correctly. Every detail is there so can make anything out of it in your editing software.

You have a significant amount of noise, though. Try to run Neat Image or Noise Ninja and see what you get.

The Tupolev Tu-114.
      World speed record holder for turboprop aircraft.

Comment

Is it really that hard to resize the damn image for posting? :rolleyes:

Comment

Bad Quality, Too Much Noise

Comment

I know it's bad quality, but how can I stop my other pics from being bad quality. I'm sorry about the size too.

I also figured out that I am using way too low of a shutter speed. AUTO mode was using about 800, and I was using like 500. Big difference.

Comment

wooooow .. damn .. too big image ..

lol, I can only see the tail on that thing, and my screen is 1280x800.

overexposed .
              Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                I also figured out that I am using way too low of a shutter speed. AUTO mode was using about 800, and I was using like 500. Big difference.
                Exactly, that is why it is OVEREXPOSED.

Comment

Working...
                X