What to do when you can't sleep...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do when you can't sleep...

Alright guys, here's the deal. Its 2:50AM and I'm pretty tired. But when I crawl in bed a lot of the time my body is ready to sleep, but my brain gets bored and begins going at 400 mph. Its not that I have anything particular on my mind that I need to get off it, its just that I begin doing a lot of thinking about pretty much anything when I crawl in bed. I dont want to take sleeping pills, because I hear they're easy to become dependant on. But is there anything that you do when you can't sleep that helps?

I've read that its best not to do other things such as read, eat, etc on your bed, because then your brain doesn't associate it as a place only to sleep, but a place to do many other things. I've also heard that if you can't sleep, dont just lay there and roll around getting more frustrated by the moment. Get up and do something to take your mind off it for a bit. Which is why I'm on my computer again. My roomate is sleeping, so I dont want to turn on the light to read anything. So...any sugestions? Thanks in advance.

All this means is that your prolly not tired enough. For me its waking up in the middle of the night. I go to bed at 12:00 and here I am at 4:00 looking at plane pics. I can't go to sleep again until I'm tired enough. Looking through plane pics is very relaxing for me and will usually make me tired. I also enjoy reading my Cessna POH. Talk bout boring. It'll put you right out.
    Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Yeah, but you're an embry riddle student, what do you know? J/K, i'm just fulfilling my duty as a UND student to poke fun at you You guys beat us in the flying competition anyway. I believe you had 179 points, then it was us in 2nd with 171, and third was Western Mich with 99...tells you something about both our schools, eh? How you like Riddle BTW? I tried adding you to my AIM buddylist so I could give you a hard time in person, but either you haven't been on, or I put the wrong name up.

Comment

Have a good wank-off session. Usually gets me all tired, then I'm out like alight. Works everytime for me

-Clovis

Comment

Whats wank off?
          "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Whats wank off?

Sling the shlong, spank the monkey, etc...?!

*masturbation* lmao

-Clovis

Comment

I go watch the BBC. The British accents put me to sleep.

Comment

Re: What to do when you can't sleep...

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                I've read that its best not to do other things such as read, eat, etc on your bed, because then your brain doesn't associate it as a place only to sleep, but a place to do many other things.
                Oh but there ARE other fun things to do in bed... :P
                I walked across an empty land
                I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
                I felt the earth beneath my feet
                Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

Yeah, but you're an embry riddle student, what do you know? J/K, i'm just fulfilling my duty as a UND student to poke fun at you You guys beat us in the flying competition anyway..

Now that I have switched majors I'm going to join the flight team this year. So I can personally kick UNDs ass.
                  Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Re: What to do when you can't sleep...

Originally posted by Katamarino
                    I've read that its best not to do other things such as read, eat, etc on your bed, because then your brain doesn't associate it as a place only to sleep, but a place to do many other things.
                    Oh but there ARE other fun things to do in bed... :P
                    Such as?

-Clovis

Comment

Oh lord, you have a picture of that lady in your signature and you need it explaining to you!? :P

Comment

I pop in a tape of a Joe Leiberman speech, I'm out cold before he finishes the first sentence.
                        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1142

Comment

Oh lord, you have a picture of that lady in your signature and you need it explaining to you!? :P
                          No, I just wanna know what kind of fun things YOU like to do in bed

-Clovis

Comment

Please! Have some manners on an open forum PM is there for a reason :P (And dont think you'll have any more luck there you dirty boy! ) I was of course referring to reading some high class literature

Comment

Please! Have some manners on an open forum PM is there for a reason :P (And dont think you'll have any more luck there you dirty boy! ) I was of course referring to reading some high class literature
                              Oh just like me...I'm into high class prostitu....errrrrrrrrrr litterature aswell My favorite book is 1984 by Orwell.

-Clovis

Comment

Working...
                              X