Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canon 75-300USM III or Sigma 70-300 APO Super Macro?? Help Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon 75-300USM III or Sigma 70-300 APO Super Macro?? Help Please!

I'm also looking forward to buy a Canon350D.
    I have a low budget for the lenses since I study aviation (and I have to pay for my flying lessons).

The Canon 75-300USM III seems to be a good option, but I have read the photos are a little soft when the entire zoom is being used, and that Chromatic Aberration is visible in some photos.

A friend of mine told me he uses the Sigma 70-300 APO Super Macro on his Canon 300D and has great results. The Sigma lens specs say it reduces Chromatic Aberration.

The other option I have, is buying just the Camera, without the lens kit and buy a Sigma 28-300.

Which one would be a better buy for the 350D, considering there is no big difference in the price of both lenses?

Regards,
    Daniel
    Daniel Umaņa
    Aviation photography of Costa Rica :rolleyes:
    www.AviacionCR.net

View my photos at Jetphotos.net
    View my photos at AviacionCR.net

As I replied in the other thread, I use the 70-300USM IS lens and yes, sometimes at full zoom the images can be a bit soft but I can almost always correct this with some sharpening. Rarely does it cause a picture to be so soft I can't upload it.

Comment

I haven't had any kind of problems with my 75-300 III USM
      [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

I use the Canon 75-300 USM and just like it i have good result with and yes pictures are a bit soft when zoom fully extended but that is not such a big deal to solve. I would recommend to go for the Canon lens to match your Canon 350d.

Comment

i wouldn't really recommend the Sigma 28-300.

Comment

Working...
          X