Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yo Chris K-About that SWA pic you took...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo Chris K-About that SWA pic you took...

While looking at SWA pictures (of course) I saw you posted a pic of the one at SDF and you stated it was going to Birmingham. HOW ON EARTH DID YOU KNOW THAT!!! When I take pics at STL, I usally know the UAL and DAL because they only fly to one airport etc.
    UAL 737-300 flies to ORD
    UAL 737-500 flies to DEN
    DAL MD-88 Flies ot ATL
    Delta(COMAIR) flies to CVG. Those I know because their is only one aircraft/airline for each route. Now, I will have alot of trouble guessing AA and SWA flights. Now, did you have a scanner? Or do you just KNOW'?!?!?!

[ October 30, 2002 09:53 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Southwest737 ]

I have a scanner, and SDF is normally slow enough that I can listen to the pilots pick up their PDC five prior to pushback. That's how I know where they're going.
    Trump is an idiot!
    Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Thanks for your replys!! Is SWA the main airline at SDF? How often do you get the 732's? WE get alot of them usually flying into HOU or AUS. Usually, when I go spotting, I take a copy off all the schedules of arrivals/departures of each airline into/out of STL. But sometimes it doesn't wokr out for cancellations or delays. How often do you plane spot at SDF?

Comment

I can usually do the same at KBUR. Plus, if you know SWA, you'll see that they get clearance from Clearance/Delivery while boarding :P

-Clovis

Comment

Thast kool. I assume SWA is your main airline at BUR? Do you get other airlines?

Comment

I'm kind of glad that SWA doesnt fly here.. I'd probably get sick of all the 37's.
            [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

We're US country, I looooooove the 752's!

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by Robert:
              I'm kind of glad that SWA doesnt fly here.. I'd probably get sick of all the 37's.
              [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

We're US country, I looooooove the 752's!

How far is Raleigh from Charlotte? Since Southwest does fly to Raleigh-durham.

But then, how else would you fly cheap if not for SWA flying to Charlotte? Doesn't USAIRWAYS have enough 737's flying there?

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by Southwest737:
                How far is Raleigh from Charlotte? Since Southwest does fly to Raleigh-durham.

But then, how else would you fly cheap if not for SWA flying to Charlotte? Doesn't USAIRWAYS have enough 737's flying there?

We're about three hours from Raleigh. I never worry about going to other airport to save $100.00....

I get sick of all the 8's and 737's.
                We have a great viewing area so I like coming out and watch, I also have a scanner so thats cool..

US does operate quite a few Dash 8's and 737's but we get our fair share of others - usually I see Dash8's, 737's, 757's, MD's, 320's, 330's, CRJ's, ERJ's, ETC..
                My favorite Boeing that comes here would be the 752 and my favorite Airbus would be the 330..
                (lotta private jets too.)

I've been told that we have some 747's Cargo at night but I think the guy meant over at the old airport. Right beside CLT is another airport which was the old charlotte airport (CLT is kinda new) and now the old one is a big cargo airport. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Ohh lucky-about the 747's if that happenes. The biggest we get is MD-11 and thats for Fed-EX LOL.

Comment

Yeah I see a FedEx MD-11 all the time at CLT from the viewing area.
                    I'm sure we get the 47's over at the cargo airport but I'm 90% sure we dont at the passenger airport.

My uncle is a mechanic at CLT for US and he's gonna get me in for a "tour" but I've been too busy to get up with him but hopefully sometime next week I'll get in there and take some pictures in all the planes and closeups!
                    He also knows some workers at the cargo airport so maybe I will go there too!

I see 747's often at ONT (UPS) thats a cool airport because when drive around your right at the planes. LAs is AWESOME too. I was there a few months ago and we could see the planes from the Luxor and could hear them on my scanner..

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by Southwest737:
                      Ohh lucky-about the 747's if that happenes. The biggest we get is MD-11 and thats for Fed-EX LOL.

Consider yourself lucky, the biggest thing that flies out of Buffalo is an A300 by UPS and those usually take off at 11:30 at night!!! Then again, not much does fly out of Buffalo anyway, usually I end up freezing my ass off watching when its winter. By the way, how can anybody get sick of 737s?? [img]heart.gif[/img] 737s!!!

[ December 01, 2002 11:11 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Scott Kiel ]

Comment

Working...
                      X