Cargo door opened?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cargo door opened?

I'm not trying to shamelessly promote one of my photos, but ever since I took this picture I've been trying to figure out why the door looks like it's opened.
    [photoid=498338]
    I can't figure out why the bottom of the cargo door looks like that. The logo looks like it's aligned right (if it was opened, the United would probably be higher than the other words). Anyone know about this? I'm sure we would have heard something if an A300 had it's door opened.

Originally posted by JordanD
    I'm not trying to shamelessly promote one of my photos, but ever since I took this picture I've been trying to figure out why the door looks like it's opened.[photoid=498338]I can't figure out why the bottom of the cargo door looks like that. The logo looks like it's aligned right (if it was opened, the United would probably be higher than the other words). Anyone know about this? I'm sure we would have heard something if an A300 had it's door opened.
    Cargo all fully locked
    [photoid=514398]

At your pic is shows that it is open. If you take a look at the photo link I posted its locked..and there's no dark gap.
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

you would think that if it were open, there would be a warning light and sound, wouldn't you? Looks like it is not closed and sealed by any stretch.
      Culture is roughly anything we do that the monkeys do not. --Lord Raglan
      For more of my shots have a look at www.okairpix.smugmug.com

Comment

Not only would there be a warning light and sound, but the plane would never compress and the cabin altitude would always be about the altitude the plane flies.

Comment

Not to second guess you, but are you sure the aircraft was taxiing? There does not seem to be any tell tale heat distortion from a running engine behind the jet, most noticably on the 747.
          Wayne Dippold

Comment

Originally posted by eagle334
            Not to second guess you, but are you sure the aircraft was taxiing? There does not seem to be any tell tale heat distortion from a running engine behind the jet, most noticably on the 747.
            Doesn't even look like anybody's in the cockpit.
            ADC Refugee

Click here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

The aircraft is on. It took off shortly after I took this picture. You'll notice that the trees in the distance behind the engine are distorted.

Comment

If you notice, the words and brown stripe are all lined up pretty darn well. So it must be closed, but some sort of stripe under it. Thats my guess.
                You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Im guessing its a Converted freighter, if so then usually there is a strip of aluminium at the bottom of the cargo door that has been fitted (re-inforcement I guess). Looks like just the reflections of the ground making iot look like its open.
                  E-Mail Me - My Photo's - My Photographer Profile

Comment

The cargo door is open and not closed although it appears that there are pilots in the cockpit.

Comment

It seems to me that the door is closed but not in it's locks. When the door is locked the underside of the cargo door is closed and here it's clear that it's not. Strange that they departed because you will get many warning signals. Maybe the crew closed the door just before take of. Maybe an empty ferry flight to a field nearby....
                      “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Can the pilots close the door through a button in the cockpit? I'm thinking that it's possible that they closed it a little bit after I took this. It probably wasn't a ferry flight because the nearest airport that they serve is Atlanta (I beleive).

Comment

Working...
                        X