Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some beautiful panning shots out of YYZ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
    I never thought you're one of them!
    Depends on how muchg pay is involved! j/k.

I was at the Fergus Truckshow last summer, and they have tractor pulls and other such races. A few times I had to clean the camera entirely, it was covered in a fine brown dust all over the body.

Originally posted by JessNil
    Oh Thats were a regular P&S camera comes to work.. No need to use a dSLR to a party where there's booze around, You never know who spilled beer over your gear at the table !
    Especially when you're friend thinks the girl next to him wants him and she goes to dump a pint over his head and you get most of it insted! *grumble*

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
      Especially when you're friend thinks the girl next to him wants him and she goes to dump a pint over his head and you get most of it insted! *grumble*
      Lol How funny ! I hate when people dont admit who did spilled on the camera and stuff,,Its not that you're gonna freak out on them or anything. *You can buy one of those underwater cases *
      Jesse Nielsen / Cimber Air F/A

Offers Dreams and Experiences To People Around The World..

If I'll Be Flying The Long Distance, ANA Would Be My First Choice....

Comment

Lol How funny ! I hate when people dont admit who did spilled on the camera and stuff,,Its not that you're gonna freak out on them or anything. *You can buy one of those underwater cases *
        Or just get a couple of those plastic bags you get from a grocery store to put your vegitables in. Much cheaper!

Comment

Or just get a couple of those plastic bags you get from a grocery store to put your vegitables in. Much cheaper!
          LOL., how silly would you looked if you packed your camera in those plastic bags,, hehe * All your pics coming out as they were smudged*

Comment

lol, I do that all the time

Comment

LOL., how silly would you looked if you packed your camera in those plastic bags,, hehe * All your pics coming out as they were smudged*
              What you do is......

Place the camera in the back so the back is towards the bottom, and the lense is sticking out of the opening. Then take an elastic or something and tightly secure the opening around the lense, or hood so only the front element is exposed. Cheap!

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
              lol, I do that all the time
              It works quite good!

Comment

What you do is......

Place the camera in the back so the back is towards the bottom, and the lense is sticking out of the opening. Then take an elastic or something and tightly secure the opening around the lense, or hood so only the front element is exposed. Cheap!

It works quite good!
                Now Im good to go ??? Lol.. Are you serious ? I cant stop laughing @ Genesee

Jesse Nielsen

Comment

It works quite good!
                  It Does! it has saved my camera on many spotting ocasions, bless those plastic bags

Comment

It Does! it has saved my camera on many spotting ocasions, bless those plastic bags
                    But remember... do not use the ones supplied by the LCS (Low cost supermarkets)

Comment

The only downside is girls will laugh at you.......*eyes Jess*

That's why I got me a Storm Jacket. Yellow so I don't look like I'm trying to hide something.

Now Im good to go ??? Lol.. Are you serious ? I cant stop laughing @ Genesee
                      Yep! It works good, unless you go to a store with cheap bags and it splits. :P

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
                      But remember... do not use the ones supplied by the LCS (Low cost supermarkets)
                      Even more expensive stores, Loblaws bags aren't so good for this use. The best are Highland Farms (Hurontario Street+Matheson).. They're big and the pastic is a decent thickness

Comment

That's why I got me a Storm Jacket. Yellow so I don't look like I'm trying to hide something.

Yep! It works good, unless you go to a store with cheap bags and it splits. :P

Even more expensive stores, Loblaws bags aren't so good for this use. The best are Highland Farms (Hurontario Street+Matheson).. They're big and the pastic is a decent thickness
                        I like the bag in the link you gave us.. I think its more more neutral then those supermarket bags..
                        Sorry I didnt mean to laugh that way, I just thought it was funny as I have never heard of these bags before ((**storm jacket**))

Comment

At my school, just being an amature photographer is enough to get the girls laughing at you...
                          Originally posted by Genessee}
                          That's why I got me a [url="http://www.stormjacket.com"
                          Storm Jacket[/url]. Yellow so I don't look like I'm trying to hide something.
                          Me thinks I will invest in onenna them new-fangaled camera-cover thing-a-ma-bobbers

Comment

I like the bag in the link you gave us.. I think its more more neutral then those supermarket bags..
                            I hear they are quite good. Can't wait for mine to arrive and a rainy day to show up.

Sorry I didnt mean to laugh that way, I just thought it was funny as I have never heard of these bags before ((**storm jacket**))
                            That's ok, most people would laugh, I do!

At my school, just being an amature photographer is enough to get the girls laughing at you...
                            Really? When I took photography in school there were some good looking girls in it. Others liked the fact that you had access to a dark room when no one else did

Me thinks I will invest in onenna them new-fangaled camera-cover thing-a-ma-bobbers
                            I'm told they rock. They aren't for heavy rain, just light to moderate.

Comment

I'm told they rock. They aren't for heavy rain, just light to moderate.
                              You wouldn't need that for heavy rain anyway. You use garbage bag!

Comment

I hear they are quite good. Can't wait for mine to arrive and a rainy day to show up.
                                So you're actually waiting for the rain to come? Genessee, You are weird but cool .. Well kinda....
                                When I took pohotography in school there were some good looking girls in it. Others liked the fact that you had access to a dark room when no one else did
                                Hmmm Camera+Dark room ==?? Okkkeyy ??

Originally posted by Avro
                                You wouldn't need that for heavy rain anyway. You use garbage bag!
                                What would you recommend if it was hailing instead of raining??? Do you bring out the garbage bin with you ?

Comment

Working...
                                X