No announcement yet.

No More New Orleans Saints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=ptbodale]I agree as well. New Orleans was a great city before the flood, however rebuilding a city below sea level is asking for trouble again.
    QUOTE]
    I am not sure it is asking for trouble, considering how Holland is mostly below sea level. Holland has quite a sophisticated system of levees and other flood protection devices that would also help New Orleans.
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by bbuse
      Originally posted by ptbodale
      I agree as well. New Orleans was a great city before the flood, however rebuilding a city below sea level is asking for trouble again.
      I am not sure it is asking for trouble, considering how Holland is mostly below sea level. Holland has quite a sophisticated system of levees and other flood protection devices that would also help New Orleans.
      I agree Holland made it work, and I am not saying we can't do the same, because we can. The question is, do we want to spend the money to do it?
      THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
      Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
      George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Kilroy
        It has been known for decades that this would happen if a major hurricane ever hit New Orleans directly. Why spend trillions of dollars to rebuild the city in the exact same place, so that it can happen again?
        Funny how if the government wasn't so lazy and paid about $100 million (Instead of a bridge to no where) New Orleans would still be here, 500k people WOULD be in a nice cozy house tonight. Who cares, it might be easier to just blame the local police for all the problems with the hurricane. We know if they blew hard enough at the Hurricane it would of shifted. You would only need like what? 60 billion people?

Comment

Originally posted by expoITHscohen
          Funny how if the government wasn't so lazy and paid about $100 million (Instead of a bridge to no where) New Orleans would still be here, 500k people WOULD be in a nice cozy house tonight. Who cares, it might be easier to just blame the local police for all the problems with the hurricane. We know if they blew hard enough at the Hurricane it would of shifted. You would only need like what? 60 billion people?
          Right, and which President do you blame for that?
          Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
          George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabepilot777
            I agree Holland made it work, and I am not saying we can't do the same, because we can. The question is, do we want to spend the money to do it?
            Do we spend the money to prevent the flooding, or do we spend the money to rebuild after the flooding??
            Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by bbuse
              Do we spend the money to prevent the flooding, or do we spend the money to rebuild after the flooding??
              how about spending the money to move the city so we don't have to do either?

Comment

Right, and which President do you blame for that?
                I don't blame the president for that, I blame Congress.

Comment

It would be nice if they didn't even rebuild that horrible city. At least move the damn thing. How stupid do we have to be?
                  I can understand what your opinion is even though I don't agree with it. That's fine. But why is New Orleans a horrible city, because it got hit by a hurricane???

Dave

Comment

Working...
                  X