FedEx Freight Wins Top Safety Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FedEx Freight Wins Top Safety Award

MEMPHIS, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 16, 2003--FedEx Freight East received the first place award in the American Trucking Associations (ATA) National Fleet Safety Contest in the line haul carrier category for over 100 million miles of operation. This is the third consecutive year that FedEx Freight East has won this award, which is based on the lowest accident rate per million vehicle miles of operation. FedEx Freight is a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX - News).
    "We are pleased to win this award, which is indicative of the skill and dedication our drivers demonstrate everyday on our nation's highways," said Pat Reed, president and chief executive officer of FedEx Freight East. "Our company is committed to safe and efficient operations. To that end, we strive to recruit the best drivers and ensure their success through ongoing education."

The company also promotes safe driving by encouraging drivers to participate in state and national truck driving competitions.

About FedEx Freight

As a member of the FedEx Corp. family of companies, FedEx Freight is the $2 billion leading U.S. provider of next-day and second-day regional LTL freight services. With corporate offices in Memphis, Tenn., FedEx Freight is composed of two operating companies, FedEx Freight East and FedEx Freight West, both known for exceptional service, reliability and on-time performance. Through a comprehensive network of service centers and advanced information systems, the two companies provide service to virtually all U.S. zip codes, including Alaska and Hawaii. Internationally, they serve Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, Europe and Asia. More information about FedEx Freight East, based in Harrison, Ark., and about FedEx Freight West, based in San Jose, Calif., can be found at www.fedexfreight.fedex.com.

About FedEx

With annual revenues of $22 billion, FedEx Corp. is the premier global provider of transportation, e-commerce and supply chain management services. The company offers integrated business solutions through a network of subsidiaries operating independently, including: FedEx Express, the world's largest express transportation company; FedEx Ground, North America's second largest provider of small-package ground delivery service; FedEx Freight, the largest U.S. provider of regional less-than-truckload freight services; FedEx Custom Critical, North America's largest provider of expedited time-critical shipments; and FedEx Trade Networks, North America's largest customs broker and a provider of international freight forwarding and trade facilitation services. FedEx ranked highest in J. D. Power and Associates 2002 Small Package Delivery Service Business Customer Satisfaction Study(SM) in the categories of air, ground and international delivery services.
    Some people in today's society are so thick!

WHooppeee

Comment

lol, yeah but somehow i dont think thats true about the Fedex plane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but nice movie anyway
      Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

I worked for FedEx in MEM when Castaway was released - I remember the memo that we got shortly before it was released advising us on the deviations from Corporate Policy in regards to Jumpseat rules (drinking the wine) and other things in the film.

In fact I had jumpseated to HOU to see my parents over the christmas holidays and went to see it in HOU with my mother when it opened...she was not too crazy about me flying jumpseat anyway and during the crash sequence when the containers started moving she grabbed my hand and whispered, "I knew that could happen and dont like you flying with the boxes!!!" It was all I could do to keep from laughing out loud...

Wayne
        HOU

Comment

Working...
        X