I want to starty collecting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to starty collecting!

Hi guys,i want to start collecting models but im not sure where to start!
    What size,what make,and what websites! Please help as i am lost completely!
    Thanks

Originally posted by Sam Hampson
    Hi guys,i want to start collecting models but im not sure where to start!
    What size,what make,and what websites! Please help as i am lost completely!
    Thanks
    I started with 1:400 because the size seemed good to me for the cabinet I wanted to put them in. 1:500 seemed a little too small, and anything larger was way too big. 1:400 also seemed rather popular and local shops had mostly 1:400.

Another thing was I started with Air Canada and Westjet because they are local, and I have traveled with both of them. Models for those two were only in 1:400 when I looked.

You should limit yourself in some way, unless you have a large amount of disposable income. I go with airlines that serve local airports and/or airlines I've flown with in the past and the types of aircraft they fly. Of course when something you really like comes along, might as well buy it, especially if it's a limited edition. (ie: The old scheme Cathay Pacific 747s from BigBird..I skipped them and REALLY wish I hadn't now)

I don't know many websites, check the 400scalehangar.com .. The sites listed there all seem pretty good. I don't know if any are in the UK though.

Comment

http://www.jetcollector.com has good prices! Thats where I buy from.

http://www.herpa.de is where I order my models...(and pick the models at my local shop)

http://www.retrojets.net - Coupon code is JETPHOTOS15 for 15% off.

I recommend you to get models from Ming Lee . Www.la-center.com . Their service are good and prices are reasonable too .
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
        http://www.retrojets.net - Coupon code is JETPHOTOS15 for 15% off
        I didn't know about that offer, pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
          I didn't know about that offer, pretty cool.
          The site seems to be "offline" I now cant connect to their site...

Comment

Now you've done it!

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
              Now you've done it!
              Pardon ?

Comment

Just kidding

Comment

Thanks guys This has certainly helped me Next time i go to the local aviation shop i will check for the models,once again thanks

Comment

Thanks guys This has certainly helped me Next time i go to the local aviation shop i will check for the models,once again thanks
                    Hey Sam, I wish you good luck with your first buy, Update us with a photo of your first model. ...

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                      Hey Sam, I wish you good luck with your first buy, Update us with a photo of your first model. ...
                      I will Can't wait!

EDIT: I just found a Skymarks 1:200 777 United Airways new colours,i'll get a pic shortly!

Comment

I will Can't wait!

EDIT: I just found a Skymarks 1:2000 777 United Airways new colours,i'll get a pic shortly!
                        That cant be true... Your model would only be an inch scale model !! Typo??

Edit: I started to collect 1:600. schabak models.... Thats was like....6 years ago...I started to collect 1:400 models from DW and HW and also from GJ for about 2 years now... I have around 57 models.. everything from HW 737's to DW 744's..

Comment

Here are a few pictures (my camera sucks i know! )

Wow check the dust on this one (and yes i do clean it alot)

Theres my massive collection of model,all 1 of them
                          Thanks

Comment

I started with 1:400 and now mainly collect airplanes i have flown on and airlines i have flown on.

MY current collection consists off about 20-25 !:400 gemini jets. I have a few special editions such as the VS Birthday Girl plane, the VS backing the bid plane, the VS concorde, SQ Tropical Megatop.

Chris
                            Chris Sharps
                            5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
                            17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
                            24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
                            1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

Thats a nice model.. rub it with a little bit with desert dusts spray, and make it look like the real deal.. those parked in planeyards..

Comment

Working...
                              X