I want to starty collecting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaxPower
    Thats a nice model.. rub it with a little bit with desert dusts spray, and make it look like the real deal.. those parked in planeyards..
    If you notice the front wheel is a bit deformed because i dropped it and it fell of so i had to super glue it

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Hampson
      If you notice the front wheel is a bit deformed because i dropped it and it fell of so i had to super glue it
      It looks great... The way it is right now.. it looks like it's taking the wheels into the wheelbay
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
        It looks great... The way it is right now.. it looks like it's taking the wheels into the wheelbay
        Yeh i guess it sort of does

Comment

Sam, I was like you in the beginning, I went and got the 1:200ish scale models, and found out quickly for the same price I can get a more detailed model airliner from Dragon Wings, Phoenix, Gemini Jets, Seattle Model Aircraft etc. I collect mostly 1:400 so that I can make model airports and such, I also have a couple 1:500, like the Nostalga Starter set 2. Which i was plesently surprised with the quality of those planes, considering Herpa's rather poor quality everything else. I just wish herpa made their airport stuff in 1:400 and not 1:500. WHile 1:500 would save a lot of space, your more likely to find a higher resale value in 1:400 in the long run, and airport stuff is starting to come out for 1:400 scale models. Hope that help.

Chris

Add:

I recently found a site that had some of the rarer 1:500 scale models that were going for up to $375 a model, and ive seen 1:400 up to $1200.

Comment

Hey Sam, does the elevators being put on upside down increase the 772's preformance?
            sigpic
            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
              Hey Sam, does the elevators being put on upside down increase the 772's preformance?
              Lol.. I didnt see that myself. Haha. Nice spotted !
              Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

I stuck them in the wrong was and i can't get them out!
                Originally posted by chrisburns
                Sam, I was like you in the beginning, I went and got the 1:200ish scale models, and found out quickly for the same price I can get a more detailed model airliner from Dragon Wings
                To be honest my dad got it free from work !

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Hampson
                  I stuck them in the wrong was and i can't get them out!
                  Happened to me with a Qantas 744 when I was little.
                  sigpic
                  http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

hahahahahaha

Comment

Working...
                    X