I am the STOL king!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am the STOL king!

I really wish I had Fraps so I could show you guys how dramatic this stuff really was. I was in Alaska doing some crazy STOL stuff.

I started right at the edge of the grass.

Same here. Started at the very end of the runway at Lake Hood strip.

I landed on this hangar at ANC. Here's me taking off from it.

Here's the same thing.
    Oh, and see those two 763's in the back? I landed between them.
    I did some other crazier things but I didn't take any screenshots.
    Look forward to some more. I have to think of some other tight spaces I can squeeze a plane into.

Thats what i regularly do in fs

post some more...

Comment

I do that all the time w/the c-172, where'd you get that airplane? Looks a tad more sporty.

Comment

I think you've just challenged me to a STOL-off!
        I do that all the time, is a lot of fun

Comment

The plane is a Bellanca Scout. I got it off of avsim. It's better suited for this kind of stuff than the 172.

Comment

Yeah, flying off a hanger in a 172 can get interesting.

Comment

I think I landed in every little nook and cranny in Anchorage. Anybody have some ideas of something to land on? A person, another airplane?

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                I think I landed in every little nook and cranny in Anchorage. Anybody have some ideas of something to land on? A person, another airplane?
                try and land within the length of a C-208B

Comment

Pah, anyone can STOL a small prop. Try STOLing a 747 out of Meigs .

Comment

Been there, done that.
                    But I'll do it in a minute and take some screenies.

Comment

Hi guys,

Check out the Maule M-7 for example

http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.ph...&ImageID=86221

Also at Avsim. Other great planes for STOL performance are the Twin Otter...

Just test the Piper Cub without cargo and with 5% of fuel...you will have fun for a while

Comment

The cub is ok for stuff like that but the engine isn't really powerful enough and the climb rate is awful.
                        As promised here are the flicks from my 747 STOL at Meigs.

Preparing.

Rotate! Now!

I barely made it but as you can see I had a few feet of runway to spare.

Here's where things start to get crazy. In real life that sail boat would have capsized from the vortices and jet blast. I was that low.

I was trying to touchdown early enough but I came in with a high descent rate. This is the result. I still got stopped before the end, but the landing gear is on fire.

Here's me after the second attempt. I've made it with plenty of runway to spare.
                        So then I went off to have a little fun in the area. Here's what happens when you try to land a 744 on a highway at 300 kts.

Comment

LMAO at that last pic

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                            LMAO once I successfully got an AN-225 out of CYKZ (on a 3000 foot runway) , but I didnt take any shots

Edit 1: alright, I decided to try again, and after a couple of attempts, I did it

The Runway is rwy 06 at CYKZ, its 2880x150 feet

Edit 2: My landing at CYKZ

Comment

Okay, I'm impressed, especially with the last AF pic . Now, let's do that with an A340-200 . Even in FS that shouldn't be possible .

Comment

Working...
                              X