UAE's F-16 Block 60 crashes, pilot survives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAE's F-16 Block 60 crashes, pilot survives

January 9, 2006 - An F-16 Block 60 of the United Arab Emirates Air Force crashed on Monday morning near Al Ain International Airport. The pilot survived the crash but got reportedly injured after ejection.

Full Story

From the comment section at the bottom
    The aircraft got airborne, pulled straight up into a loop, rolled on the downside and failed to pull out at the bottom, pancaking about 500m west of the runway.
    glad the pilot made it out, why would the he fail to pull out of a loop?

Comment

I really dont think this guy know's what hes talkin about, the F-16 probably pulled striaght up after t/o and was goin to do a dirty roll, thats where the landing gear are still out and not retracted. Maybe he stalled, there can be alot of things that happend, he said "rolled on the downside", dont know what hell that means. But I think it was probably pilot error, they said there not saying what happend yet.

Comment

Originally posted by YYZPICS
        I really dont think this guy know's what hes talkin about, the F-16 probably pulled striaght up after t/o and was goin to do a dirty roll, thats where the landing gear are still out and not retracted. Maybe he stalled, there can be alot of things that happend, he said "rolled on the downside", dont know what hell that means. But I think it was probably pilot error, they said there not saying what happend yet.
        yeah, I agree, that guy probably doesnt know whats hes talking about unless he witnessed it. But I think its sorta hard to "forget" to pull up out of a loop

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
          yeah, I agree, that guy probably doesnt know whats hes talking about unless he witnessed it. But I think its sorta hard to "forget" to pull up out of a loop
          At the end of his comment he says

"One report stated that the pilot ejected at or just before impact but chute did not deploy fully"

So im pretty sure he wasnt there.

Comment

Originally posted by YYZPICS
            At the end of his comment he says

"One report stated that the pilot ejected at or just before impact but chute did not deploy fully"

So im pretty sure he wasnt there.
            ahh, right

Comment

Working...
            X