Air Canada historic poster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sonny
    i saw one at aviation world yesterday(Jan.22). Far back right corner of the store where the pictures are....there was one in the very first sleeve where they keep the prints on the floor
    Yeah, I just got an email saying they were in the shop now. So I'm about to run out the door now. Then tomorrow it's off the the framing store to get some "Plaq-It" action.

Originally posted by ptbodale
    Boy I thought I was cheap. You guys spend more money to go to the Show. $24.99 is nothing for you Ipod guys.
    $24.99 is nothing to those die-case 1:400 scale model guys

Comment

They weren't kidding when they said the pictures couldn't do it justice. Amazing poster! Can't wait to get it mounted.

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
        They weren't kidding when they said the pictures couldn't do it justice. Amazing poster! Can't wait to get it mounted.
        Well, I'll grab one next time I'm around YYZ

Comment

$24.99 is nothing to those die-case 1:400 scale model guys
          But it's a piece of paper

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Hampson
            But it's a piece of paper
            Models are hunks of metal..

Comment

Brandon, how many were there? I'm off school monday, wednsday, thursday, and friday next week, so I'm gunna run over and grab one, and maybe that Aer Lingus A330. do you think I should call ahead and get them to put one aside for me? or are there plenty to go around?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
                Brandon, how many were there? I'm off school monday, wednsday, thursday, and friday next week, so I'm gunna run over and grab one, and maybe that Aer Lingus A330. do you think I should call ahead and get them to put one aside for me? or are there plenty to go around?
                There were at least a dozen. It can't hurt to call ahead though when you're traveling that far.

I took mine to the shop to get mounted today, $70...After tax, it's a $100 poster :/ It should look pretty slick though!

Comment

There were at least a dozen. It can't hurt to call ahead though when you're traveling that far.

I took mine to the shop to get mounted today, $70...After tax, it's a $100 poster :/ It should look pretty slick though!
                  heh, I have 2 huge dash-8 cockpit posters that my friend at bombardier gave me, Kinkos wants $200 to mount them :/

I'm gunna call them later today when I get home, any 1:400 planes that you recommend me to get while I'm there?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
                    heh, I have 2 huge dash-8 cockpit posters that my friend at bombardier gave me, Kinkos wants $200 to mount them :/
                    What size are they? They must be massive posters for $200. I got to the frame shop in Cloverdale mall in Etobicoke. They do good work, and the guys there are pretty helpful with regular frames as well.

I'm gunna call them later today when I get home, any 1:400 planes that you recommend me to get while I'm there?
                    They have all four of the single pack CPAir 747s in (Also in 1:500 scale as well).

The Continental DC-6 is rather nice too. I almost picked one up, but I figured it would be better to see how much the poster was going to cost me first.

Comment

They have all four of the single pack CPAir 747s in (Also in 1:500 scale as well).

The Continental DC-6 is rather nice too. I almost picked one up, but I figured it would be better to see how much the poster was going to cost me first.
                      heh, I dont have enough to buy the full CPAir set, buy maybe I'll see if I can get the Expo 86 model in 1:400th

Comment

Brilliant! I just called them and there holding one for me, as well as an CPAir Expo86 747 btw, anyone up for some spotting sometime in the next week? If I'm gunna be up there, I might as well do some spotting, so, anyone wanna join me?

Christian

Comment

yesterday I went down to aviation world to grab it, it is DEFINITLY with the $25! Its awesome! I was only a little dissapointed when I found out that they didn't encluse Air Ontario/Jazz on it, but oh well. I also picked up a Limited Edition GeminiJets Ryanair 738

Comment

augh! I forgot all about the YYZ thing yesterday!

It definitely needs more Dash-8s. Some Jazz and Zip would have been sweet too. Oh well

Comment

augh! I forgot all about the YYZ thing yesterday!
                              yeah, I noticed
                              It definitely needs more Dash-8s. Some Jazz and Zip would have been sweet too. Oh well
                              yeah, thats what I was thinking, oh well, c'est la vie.

Comment

Working...
                              X