The B52

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The B52

I decided im going to keep you guys updated on how this is going.
    So today i got it.

(gulp)

(I threw a 30cm ruler (12 inches) for comparison)
    Sam Rudge
    A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Lookin' good! Damn, it doesnt come with its own love shack!
    -Kevin

Comment

Looks like a good start.

I had trouble getting a diecast 1:72 model together, I'd be reduced to tears by a real model.

Comment

wow, that looks awesome

Comment

Good luck with it! I know what would happen if i made it

Comment

Howdy all,

Currently my room is a mess. B-52 parts spread all around it, on top of that my dog is sleeping in my room this week.

Ive been working on the landing gear (currently washing, will start some drybrushing soon) and wings, I find its easier to paint them while they are still on the big plasticy thing. Then i dont need to get paint all over my hands. Most of the paints it requires need to be mixed, I hate this for 2 reasons
            1. You dont make enough and then you spend ages wasting paint getting it to be right
            2. You make too much, then Ive just wasted a lot of paint.
            Im poor, so i prefer to not waste paint. So later today ill bike to the shop and hopefully buy something close to what i need.

Once ive got the gears done. Ill do work on the cockpit and engines and also start up work on the other wing. Id post soem pics, but that would involve finding where i left the camera.
            Sam Rudge

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy
              Howdy all,

Currently my room is a mess. B-52 parts spread all around it, on top of that my dog is sleeping in my room this week.

Ive been working on the landing gear (currently washing, will start some drybrushing soon) and wings, I find its easier to paint them while they are still on the big plasticy thing. Then i dont need to get paint all over my hands. Most of the paints it requires need to be mixed, I hate this for 2 reasons
              1. You dont make enough and then you spend ages wasting paint getting it to be right
              2. You make too much, then Ive just wasted a lot of paint.
              Im poor, so i prefer to not waste paint. So later today ill bike to the shop and hopefully buy something close to what i need.

Once ive got the gears done. Ill do work on the cockpit and engines and also start up work on the other wing. Id post soem pics, but that would involve finding where i left the camera.
              are you using the TAMIYA Acrylic or Enamel?

Comment

Acrylic. It drys quick which is good cause im impatient.
                Sam Rudge

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy
                  Acrylic. It drys quick which is good cause im impatient.
                  ah, I use the Acrylic too, its like $3,50 for a 10mL bottle of the stuff here.

Comment

$3.85 here for the same bottle.
                    So that would be about $3CAD.
                    Sam Rudge

Comment

Well, this is kinda sad, so far all Ive done is a post a pic of all the pieces and this has 20 more hits than my tread with lots of completed models.

Anyways.
                      Its covered in rubber bands currently.

(Yes, thats a same scale spitfire for comparison, and a TV)
                      Tomorrow ill start painting once i got the wings etc on. Engines, bombs, and any remaining parts will stay off till its painted, this saves time as they all have to be indivudally built AND its easier to paint when you arent trying to avoid anything.

It does have hooks moulded onto the wings and fuselage for hanging, which is what i always had planned to do with it.
                      Sam Rudge

Comment

very nice
                        you might want to try using masking tape along the seams, it helps keep them smoother.

Comment

Never tried that before, does it have to be masking tape? Will normal sellotape work?

Anyways, the wings/tail are on it now. Ill start painting the black and the green later today. The go buy the remaining two colours, and possibly another black paint too. This thing is huge.
                          Sam Rudge

Comment

I have some huge concorde Airfix model here waiting to be built.I made the stand then i got stuck so it's gathering dust What a waste of £25!

Comment

Is it the 1/72 scale one, if so you can waste more $$$ and send it to me!

So currently it vaguely resembles a B52.

From this point on, itll get painted (already started on the black under the wing), then ill slowly work on the engines and bombs etc.

Theres a Hurricane for comparison (the TV does a good job me thinks).
                              Sam Rudge

Comment

Working...
                              X