No announcement yet.

Sea King sinks off Denmark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on now, some of the B-52s are only 44, the last one I believe delivered just in time for the Cuban missile crisis! LOL I remember being stuck in Ft Fumble on the Rideau aka NDHQ in 1987-89 and one of my initial provisioning projects was the C130E rewiring project(which had time expiry 25 year wiring in them), which was supposed to be a stop gap measure until we got a whole new fleet of C130s in the 1990s. A pipe dream, along with Perrin Beatty's nuke subs.

Originally posted by eagle334
    You guys still flying VooDoo's up there too?
    Not since the retirement of the "electric bird" an EF101 that was flown by 414 Sqn in North Bay as a target up 'til '88. Believe it was the last F/CF 101 flying in the world if you exclude unmanned drones. Mind you the CF18s are now almost as old as most the CF104s and CF101s were when they were retired.

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
      they contracted one of Armée de l'Air 1964 built C.135FRs ...
      Alain

I remember seeing an Atlantique come by TLS one day and thinking "wow I could picture that in one of the old James Bond movies...aren't we in 2004?? "

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
        I remember seeing an Atlantique come by TLS one day and thinking "wow I could picture that in one of the old James Bond movies...aren't we in 2004?? "
        Some of those are quite new, wasn't there a second build in the 80s/90s?? Nouveau Atlantique? Au secours Alain!

Comment

Working...
        X