*help*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *help*

Hello guys, I just wanted your opinion on a camera that i could use for General use and aviation photography, but more for general use as i don't go out much to the airport. My range is between $500-$600 and i just wanted to know what kind of camera would best fit my needs? I need a new camera for a trip to Pakistan (JFK-MAN-LHE) and i don't have much time to do my own research..

Thanks,
    PIAA310
    ***My Blog***

Originally posted by PIAA310
    Hello guys, I just wanted your opinion on a camera that i could use for General use and aviation photography, but more for general use as i don't go out much to the airport. My range is between $500-$600 and i just wanted to know what kind of camera would best fit my needs? I need a new camera for a trip to Pakistan (JFK-MAN-LHE) and i don't have much time to do my own research..

Thanks,
    PIAA310
    Olympus C-7xx model cameras.

I think the newest is the C-765?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
      Olympus C-7xx model cameras.

I think the newest is the C-765?

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...oly_c765uz.asp
      The newest of the C-7xx line is the C-770. It is identical to the C-765, except for a hotshoe and a better movie mode. I own a C-770 and it is an excellent camera.

However if you can spend $600, I would recommend the Nikon D50. It is an entry-level SLR that you can get for less than $600 with a lens included. Almost every review of it is very positive and I plan to get one when I have the money available.

Comment

B&H which is one of the best sites for CS in the states has the D50 for $560 (Nikkor 28-80mm f/3.3-5.6 G AF Lens)

You can always invest in a better lens when you get back.

Comment

I'd go with the D50. Altough I do have a bias. Used D50's are pretty good price but they're hard to come by because they came out so recently.

Comment

Wait till after the 21st of the month. Canon may have a camera for you!

Possibly something called the 3000D

Comment

Originally posted by kcmh
              Wait till after the 21st of the month. Canon may have a camera for you!

Possibly something called the 3000D
              This one is rumored to be only 2 FPS and no RAW...if that turns out true don't waste your time. Go for the D50.

Comment

Working...
              X