Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dlarenas,

The Avianca shot was just too low in contrast to improve enough to be worth trying, but the Lan Chile shot had some potential so I played a little with it. It's still kind of marginal but might be worth trying an upload. The post in the foreground is distracting and it would have been better if you had taken the shot a second or so sooner to keep that out of the frame. In any case here's what I got from it...

Comment

Looking at the original and the comparing it with your pic, Freightdogg, the result would be "rejection for bad manipulation"

Cheers
      Gerardo
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Gerardo,

Not to disagree with you but now you have me curious as to what would be considered bad manipulation. Can you clarify that a little?

Here are the steps I took in my attempt to improve the shot:

-Crop down to 1024 x 768
        -Brighten the image
        -Increase the contrast
        -Adjust white balance using the airframe as a white reference (Which brought out the sunset colors in the sky)
        -Sharpen using USM
        -Filter for grain
        -Resharpen with one more shot of USM

At no time was any portion of the essential image altered other than the intial crop, and as far as I know all the other steps I took should be valid post-processing. Which of those is considered overmanipulation?

Comment

WOW!!!

Freightdogg thank you very much by your work!!! . It seems to me that the result is wonderful. In fact I am going to send the photo again and I will communicate to you if JP reject it or no.

It is certain what you say about the post, I am going to cut the photo in such a way that the post disappears.

Thanks again!!!

Regards from Chile
          D@VID
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3793

Comment

Gerardo,

I don't give up easy - same basic process but to a lesser degree on each step - is this more what you would look for?

Comment

Heya

What made me suspicious was the difference in the sky. The sunset colors weren't THAT yellow in the original pic.

Your second try shows, what's possible: not very much. The colors are dull.

Nice try, anyway, Freightdogg

Cheers
              Gerardo

Comment

Can anyone help me with this one. It was rejected because there is "Too much color saturation". What does that mean?

Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

It looks like the white balance was off more so then saturation. In other words, it is too blue.

Comment

It is way oversharpened and too blue. Go back to the original, add yellow and brighten it up, sharpen a little less. My advice....

Comment

Thanks all, also a lot of thanks to mr Smith for your e-mail.
                      Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

Ok, screeners rejected this http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=58226 because I did not submit the reg of this aircraft which seems to be seen at the back.

HOWEVER, there is no way I can tell the last letter. The last letter vaguely looks like an "A" but HS-UTA belongs to Orient Thai's L-1011!

Comment

It appears to be HS-UTH, which is actually a 747-146.

Comment

Thanks for your help.

I just realised how GRAINY my picture was so I won't be bothering to re-submit it.

I looked up UTH and this aircraft is not UTH because it does not have the Orient Thai titles written at the front. It is more likely UTP.

Thanks anyway!

Comment

hey guys.. i have read that whole thread now and always read about USM.. bud in fact i think there are a lot people that dunno what USM means (like me ) so it would be nice if anybody could explain that to us.. seemes to be a sharpen process..

but what about it?? i maybe know it but just dunno that it's named USM

greez mates

sandro

Comment

USM means "Unsharp masking" (in german: "Unscharf maskieren"). This is one possibility to sharpen images offered in many photo editing software packages, as for example Photoshop (also in the LE version).

If available, I'd strongly suggest to only use this feature.

Cheers
                                Gerardo

Comment

Working...
                                X