Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you need any Pre-Screening? - Limited to CREW reply ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Fred well although the histogram suggests all is well the dark areas are just too dark. I would 'brighten' just the dark areas of the image that would give you something like this.

Jid

P.S. Workflow now updated for 2008

Comment

• Originally posted by jid
      Hi Fred well although the histogram suggests all is well the dark areas are just too dark. I would 'brighten' just the dark areas of the image that would give you something like this.

Jid

Cheers Jid, I did that in one of my re-works but the grain kills it. One for the personal collection I think ! I'll take a look at the updated workflow. Hope u had a good xmas, hope to see you again at EGCC. Aidy

Comment

• Problem with doing this to a dark shot is that you'll find you now have much more prounounced grain in the previously dark areas. (check out the wheel areas for a start) Your now also boardering on an over edited shot. Tough one id say, possibly one for the personal collection?

Comment

• Originally posted by BA747-436
          Problem with doing this to a dark shot is that you'll find you now have much more prounounced grain in the previously dark areas. (check out the wheel areas for a start) Your now also boardering on an over edited shot. Tough one id say, possibly one for the personal collection?

Hi Dan,

That was my concern also and I also feel that when it is lightened it looses the essence of what I was trying to capture in the photo - I like it anyway so it will be one for myself - shame but you can't win the all.

Cheers
          Aidy

Comment

2008?

Comment

• Jid's getting old, memory loss kicks in about now lol Its 2007 mate

Comment

• I hate Jaggies so..................

I'm changing the way I do alot of my processing, I'm happy with alot about this photo but I'm worried about "softness" - is this too soft ?

cheers
                Aidy a.k.a Flyoverfred

Comment

• It is a little soft and a little dark as well but nothing that can't be fixed.

Jid

Comment

It is a little soft and a little dark as well but nothing that can't be fixed.

Jid
                    thanks Jid - I wasn't miles away then !

Comment

• Went out for a little test run on night photography.. I'll have to try it at the 35's I think where I can get a runway with more approach lighting..

Comment

• I've also been doing a little night shooting...how's this one? I have a feeling it might be too dark...

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

• yes it's way too dark and noisy too.Please note that taking pictures by night of a moving ac is really hard ...
                          Cheers
                          Alex

Comment

• I'm just wondering about this one if the sun kills it or what. Thanks.

Comment

• Night Shot - out on a limb (again.)

Does this stand a chance, or should I pull it from the queue?

A chance photograph while taking more conventional night shots.

PS. I have removed the picture from the queue.
                              Wallace

Comment

• I would delete it, you can't really see any part of the aircraft.

Comment

Working...
                                X