Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeltaFlyer
    OT -

Being from Memphis, and FedEx being a former employer I used know some of the folks in the AirOps dept...the figures from the blackbox of flt 705 were put into a simulator in MEM and other pilots have tried to copy the actions but have been unsuccessful - every pilot has crashed in the simulator...

As for the packages - the FBI detained them for a couple of days and they were delivered to the consignees, no damage claims were paid as FedEx is/was not liable for damage caused by acts of terrorism...

Sad to say that non-pilot employee jumpseat priviledges are no longer allowed at FedEx as the pilots worry about their safety yet the only case of violence was from one of their own...
    Yet they'de never checked his profile, it seems to well that he was like one of their own, guess they were wrong at the end, how many years didthis fellow got behind the bars ???
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Great video, would like to know how does the "PIC" spends in fuel!!!

Comment

^^ OT, Thats what I call a huge signature... !!

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
          Yet they'de never checked his profile, it seems to well that he was like one of their own, guess they were wrong at the end, how many years didthis fellow got behind the bars ???
          Actually FedEx did check his profile - that is what caused the problem...Auburn Calloway was a Flying Tiger pilot so in the buyout he was offered a position just like the rest of the pilots, after the purchase and the integration is when FedEx started the background checks that is when it was discovered that he had lied about his flying background and was undergoing performance reviews with the company in the process of being fired...he is now serving life without parole at a federal prison in Atlanta Georgia...

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyer
            Actually FedEx did check his profile - that is what caused the problem...Auburn Calloway was a Flying Tiger pilot so in the buyout he was offered a position just like the rest of the pilots, after the purchase and the integration is when FedEx started the background checks that is when it was discovered that he had lied about his flying background and was undergoing performance reviews with the company in the process of being fired...he is now serving life without parole at a federal prison in Atlanta Georgia...
            Oh yeah, now I recall some of it, I believe he lied about his flying hours (experience) actually !

Thank god, dont let him ever near an airplane ever again.

Comment

Might also wanna go here:
              Cockpit Voice Recorder Transcript of Fedex 705. DC-10 hammer attack by employee Auburn Calloway.

Pretty scary, that guy was just insane.
              AirDisaster.com probably also has the CVR as well.

Comment

Hey Colin, thank you very much for the link. Interesting stuff, to read the whole story !

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                  Cockpit Voice Recorder Transcript of Fedex 705. DC-10 hammer attack by employee Auburn Calloway.

thats just plane freaky.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER

Thanks for the link, wow that's pretty intense.
                    sigpic
                    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                      Thanks for the link, wow that's pretty intense.
                      And shocking, if you ask me.. ..

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                        And shocking, if you ask me.. ..
                        Ya, to say the least. Its really amazing how the crew managed to contain the man and land the aircraft with their injuries.
                        sigpic

Comment

Wow! I really liked this video! It was wonderful they had the camera duck taped to the fuselage. I wonder if the sounds were real

Comment

Originally posted by CcrlR
                            I wonder if the sounds were real
                            Yes, I am sure they were.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CcrlR
                              I wonder if the sounds were real
                              No , the sounds were playbacks from their lawnmower and edited to sync. with the flyby and so on.

Comment

Was there a small engine on the back or was it pretty much just an empty cowling to keep it looking like a DC-10? I know nothing about RC so that could be a dumb question.

Comment

Working...
                                X