Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santos Dumont to Upgrade 10 Boeing 737-300's With Blended Winglets(TM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santos Dumont to Upgrade 10 Boeing 737-300's With Blended Winglets(TM)

SEATTLE, March 17 /PRNewswire/ -- Dublin-based Santos Dumont Aircraft Management signed an agreement on March 9th for 10 ship-sets of patented* Aviation Partners Boeing 737-300 Blended Winglets. This is the single largest order received to date by Aviation Partners Boeing for the B737 classic.

Santos Dumont provides lease management, technical and advisory services to airlines, lessors and investors worldwide. They are currently remarketing five 737-300 aircraft on behalf of Oak Hill Capital and can now offer these aircraft with the blended winglet system installed between November 2006 and May 2007.

"Given today's 3+ year waiting lists for new Airbus and Boeing single aisle equipment older vintage aircraft are in strong demand. Combining that fact with the improvement in residual value and probability of fuel prices remaining high in the medium term makes this one of our easier investment decisions," says Santos Dumont Managing Director Tony Lyons.
    No carriers given yet, though it could be safely said that there will definitely many carriers interested. Good to see that the winglets are slowly getting more popular for Classic 737s as well.

Hmmm, The NG's uses fuel, a lot less than the CG's, thus why they install the winglets on them NG's, isnt that the difference now with these CG's that the fuel saved is rather small compared to the regular ones, which I mean are those without the winglets ?

Its pretty freaky though, Seeing soon an 733 or 735 with a winglets......
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Wont this be the second or third airline to use the winglets on the -300s?
      You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Air Rules
        Wont this be the second or third airline to use the winglets on the -300s?
        As far as I concern, its rather the first time I hear about a classic, getting these...

Not sure though to answer your Q. Maybe Colin can answer it.

Comment

This is not the first classic winglet set. I belive Virgin somethingoranother has some on a 733.
          THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
          Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
          George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

Air Plus Comet had it

Comment

Virgin Express is the "Virginsomething" , and as pbateson said, Air Plus Comet has one 733W as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                Virgin Express is the "Virginsomething" , and as pbateson said, Air Plus Comet has one 733W as well.
                Not that I dont beleive you guys, but will definitely look at Comet, Let me see if I can find this b733.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                  Not that I dont beleive you guys, but will definitely look at Comet, Let me see if I can find this b733.
                  You mean this ?
                  [photoid=5686033]

Comment

Thanks Colin for your effort. Post whore !

Oh that.. Hmmm Now I remember it.. Geez ...

Comment

Looks like they're taking a page from NW playbook by making older planes look newer. But instead of painting them (DC-9) they get winglets to look like 737-NG.
                      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                        Looks like they're taking a page from NW playbook by making older planes look newer. But instead of painting them (DC-9) they get winglets to look like 737-NG.
                        except that a winglet makes the plane better and new paint just makes it look better.....other than that, yeap.
                        THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
                        Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
                        George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

Working...
                        X