Cool find in Google Earth.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool find in Google Earth.

Enter in "Cold Lake, AB". As luck would have it there was an airshow taking place when the satellite shot was taken.

Originally posted by mapguy
    Enter in "Cold Lake, AB". As luck would have it there was an airshow taking place when the satellite shot was taken.
    It would be nice if you posted an image of it instead of letting us start the google Earth for ourself, why dont you just post a pic of it . ???

No, Im not lazy, Im just using another computer and I dont have "Goog-Ear" here.
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

http://maps.google.com uses the same satellite pix as google earth and you dont have to have the download...

Comment

Mine zooms in on a green blur...?
        Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Geez, they got the Snowbirds AND the T-Birds!! How luck are they!?

Comment

At YYC, what's all that black stuff at on the apron?
            My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Nice lineup there

Comment

It kind of makes sense, The satellites pass over taking pics all the time so there will be lots of pics of any area, so while google or whoever is choosing pics for their maps, as well as needing to choose a clear day they would probably choose a day when something interesting was happening if it were available. After all, Google Earth is as much an entertainment software and easter egg hunt as it is a reference tool.

Comment

Originally posted by US Airways
                  Geez, they got the Snowbirds AND the T-Birds!! How luck are they!?
                  Dayton a couple years ago had the Thunderbirds, Blue Angels, and the Snowbirds!
                  Tanner Johnson - Owner
                  twenty53 Photography

Comment

On that Cold Lake AB part, if you look at the Awacs Aircraft between the BUFF and th Extender, what is that white stuff over the Awacs aircraft. ???

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                      On that Cold Lake AB part, if you look at the Awacs Aircraft between the BUFF and th Extender, what is that white stuff over the Awacs aircraft. ???
                      Looks like just a scratch in the photograph or a glare effect or something. There are a lot of flaws on the maps if you look, gaps where the photos were not perfectly stitched etc.

Comment

Its kinda funny that if you look at the Edmonton area you see it is summer and nice and green,yet 10 minutes south of the city at the airport its cold and wintry looking complete with snow!!!
                        Fly Edmonton first.Canadas gateway to the north.

Comment

look at orlando runway 17, I count 3 on the runway!!
                          2x Canon 1Dmk3 -- Canon 400mm F2.8 IS L - Canon 100-400mm L IS USM -- Canon EF 70-200mm L IS F2.8 --Canon 300mm F2.8 IS L

Comment

Originally posted by Manc
                            look at orlando runway 17, I count 3 on the runway!!
                            Nope. You see two on the runway, the third one near the '35 is already airborne..
                            Last edited by MaxPower; 2006-04-01, 00:15.

Comment

If you look closely, you will find that it is the same aircraft (FL 717), but because of the way that the pictures are taken (in succession), you will find that sometimes moving objects get duplicated, similar to how that one did.

Comment

Working...
                              X