Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot photo use reminder!!

Thanks for heads-up AJ!

I uploaded 3 photos, 2 of CX new first class, and 1 one CX new business class.
    I uploaded them as hot because AJ said that it was.
    They were accepted but not as hot. Im not trying to get hits or anything im just wondering for future refference if all screeners have to agree that it is hot or not?

Cheers
    Neil.

If you uploaded them as hot and they were not rejected, then they were accpeted as hot. But they were not seen as ticker worthy.

Oh, ok thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LX-A343
    Usually we expect the same quality standards also for hot photos. Exceptions could be photos, which we probably would not see again. But let's say, the first A380 in Emirates colors (just as an example) should meet the minimum quality standards, simply, because we know, we will be flood by a gazillion of top shots, so why accept a bad photo first?
    Gerardo
    Hmmm.... I would like to bring the attention to this picture, uploaded by a friend. He put it in the hot qeue. It's a new paint scheme, but according to the statement quoted above, why would it get accepted? Now I'm not a screener, but a few things come to mind: Foreground clutter, underexposed, aircraft cut off, obstructions, horizon unlevel and aircraft not centered.

Here's the pic: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...6024644&nseq=0

I'm pretty sure we'll see a gazillion of SQ Cargo in the new paint scheme as well, so why accept a bad photo first?

I'm not gonna go into the discussion about what makes for a hot photo or not, but I would like to make a sugestion. Since it seems that some people use the hot qeue to - for lack of better words - jump the regular qeue, would it be an idea to make a new rejection category? The picture itself could be accepted based on the overall quality, but still be rejected because it does not qualify for a hot photo. Of course, a photo that is rejected for that reason, will still be eligible for upload in the normal qeue. Maybe that would inspire people to be more "selective" about what they put in the hot qeue. It's a bit annoying when you see pictures from certain places be accepted 2-3 days before yours even though they are ordinary pictures, taken on the same day.

Anyway, just a thougt. Now I'm ready for the pounding from you guys.
    If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough!

OK, so I uploaded a hot photo, and it got accepted very quicly indeed (thanks!). Now I wonder when something gets the newsticker treatment? I had expected this to go there but no such luck.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...6051002&nseq=0
    Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

St Albans, Hertfordhsire, England (nr. Luton)

I have a photo of SilverJet's new aircraft G-SILC, there are no pics of it on JP but I realise it is their 3rd 767. I was just wondering if it was different for an airline like SilverJet?

Also, there is a rainbow in the background.

If this isn't the first aircraft of a kind, then it's not a hot photo. So, beeing the 3rd B767, it shouldn't be uploaded as hot.

Gerardo

Ok, will take it out of the queue now

Oh sorry, forgot to add that it is the first aircraft to incorporate the new tail scheme.
    Does that make it any different?

Question

Hi,

I have a question on this topic.

This photo of the MiG-35 was taken at an airshow and was put into the hot queue, but subsequently rejected on that basis, as well as a quality issue, which was later rectified and re-uploaded, but not as a hot shot because of the screener's call on my incorrect selection of the photo as 'hot'.

The photo was taken in February of 2007 and to date there are only three shots of this type on the database, two of which are mine (the first two).

Should this not have been a hot photo? Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Kamlesh
    For the love of God, folks, don't try this at home.

No, hot is not only linked to the numbers of pictures in the db, but also to the date of the "event".

If it is older then a few days, then by all means it is not hot any more.

Plz note, that I said "event". By which we mean things, like first sighting of a new color scheme, delivery of a "first of type" to an airline, first showing of a new military type etc.

Seahawk,

Does this mean that if the photo was queued up closer to the date of the airshow or, to be more precise, on the day after, if not the same day as it was taken, it could (or would) have been accepted as a hot photo?

If the airshow would have been one of the first (or the first) displays of a MiG-35, then yes.

Ah, I see. Thanks very much seahawk, for clearing that up.

I do believe that it was the first official unveiling but, in any case, I was late to queue the photo (almost two months from the date of the event), so I suppose that is moot.

Thanks again.

Kam

So the Israeli Af G550 I shot at Farnborough last night (on departure) is not hot despite there being no shots of it in the database. The aircraft itself is rarely seen and looks very distinctive wth all the lumps / bumps. First time to SBAC show (I think)

Do not bother with 'hot' tick as I normally do not get to see really rare stuff but I did think this one was worth a go. As the appeal was also rejected does it remain in the normal queue or does it need to be uploaded again?

Quote Originally Posted by paulc
    So the Israeli Af G550 I shot at Farnborough last night (on departure) is not hot despite there being no shots of it in the database. The aircraft itself is rarely seen and looks very distinctive wth all the lumps / bumps. First time to SBAC show (I think)

Do not bother with 'hot' tick as I normally do not get to see really rare stuff but I did think this one was worth a go. As the appeal was also rejected does it remain in the normal queue or does it need to be uploaded again?
    It will need to be uploaded again.

Thanks .. Jid

Jid,

any particular reason why is it is not a 'hot' photo - to me it qualifies on rare type, rarely seen, first visit and none in database.

By re-uploading it will add several days before it gets onto the database so loosing the immediacy of the shot.

• rare type is not hot
    • rarely seen is not hot
    • first visit to an airport is not hot
    • none of the reg in the db is not hot, if there are others of the same operator and type

[photoid=6267554]
    [photoid=6241458]

Upload page says : "Does this photo show a new aircraft type for a particular airline, a new paint scheme, ...."

This thread says :

Quote Originally Posted by CPH Aviation
    This is a reminder of when to use the "Hot Photo" upload when its:

A new airline.

A new colour scheme for an airline.

A new aircraft type for an airline.

New aircraft types airliners, bizjets, cargo aircrafts ect.

A special colourfull scheme for an airline.

When not to use the "Hot Photo" upload:

When the photo shows a new registration, but the airline already has several of the same aircraft type.

First visits of an airline to an airport if we already have 50+ photos in the data base of the same aircraft and airline.

"This is the first time I have ever seen one of these" is not a hot photo reason if it happens to be a widely covered aircraft already.

Soren

Im guessing you would still not class a warbird making one of its first post restoration flights as hot photo.