Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **VATSIM Training Sesson**

Alright,
    I thought that it might be a good idea to offer a training sesson for people new to VATSIM, or ones that need some help with it. I was talking to Matt Horan (matth) who is the FIR Chief for Moncton Centre and he said that if a few people are interested, he'll let us hold a training sesson in Moncton Airspace (Halifax, Moncton, Sydney, St John, etc.). I havent decided on an exact date or time, but we both agreed that a friday night would be alright. If thats no good I can do Sunday nights too, but Saturday nighta dont work for me.

So, is anyone interested? If you are, please post what date and time would be best for you, as well as if you already have any experience on VATSIM, and if you have a working microphone, or will be limited to text communication (voice is preferable).

As Chris said, Moncton is open to you JPnet folk that are looking to get started on VATSIM.

The good thing with our FIR is that there are several RW controllers: 2 work at Moncton ACC in real life, 1 is in training, 1 is retired; so you won't have any lack of knowledge or experience.

Comment

Sounds good, I'm in. Friday night is alright with me. I have a mike and minimal experience on VATSIM (all I've basically done are VFR patterns ).
      "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

I am interested. Friday night sounds great !

Comment

Ill help with people as well, just tell me when and where .

Im on so much, may as well do something useful

Comment

Ill fly, I could learn some new things

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_c
              Ill help with people as well, just tell me when and where .

Im on so much, may as well do something useful
              Yes, you do know a ton about those odd procedures - DME arcs, etc

Comment

Originally posted by matth
                Yes, you do know a ton about those odd procedures - DME arcs, etc
                yeah, Andrew probably spends at least half his life on FS, when you spend that much time on something, you learn stuff even if you dont want/need too

Comment

has this vatsim thing happened already? Can I unsticky it?

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                    has this vatsim thing happened already? Can I unsticky it?
                    sure go ahead.

Comment

Working...
                    X